Clark Gable's Pad

There is 1 reply in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,538 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Last night, while enjoying some ice cream and apple pie at Marie Calendar's, we were in the company of good friends, one of whom had a brother visiting from Las Vegas. He is retired from the film industry, a director by trade. Naturally, our discussion went to his experiences with the actors he worked with (unfortunately, John Wayne wasn't one of them). He did indicate he did some work on a TV show, General Hospital. As it turned out, Clark Gable's widow (I believe it was Sylvia Ashley) really enjoyed this TV show and would come down to the set to watch the actors work, and became friends with the leading lady. As a token of her friendship to the cast and crew, she invited them all up to the house that she and Clark Gable had shared. They started with breakfast and then watched the first reel of Gone with the Wind. Then they had brunch and the opportunity to view the gardens of the estate, then watched the second reel of GwtW. Then it was lunch time and they had a scrumptious meal, further touring of the estate, and went on to reel three. A great time was had by all, as they say, although he said you did lose a little continuity watching a movie with each reel punctuated with a meal. But they all knew the story line anyway, so not much was lost, really :rolleyes: .

Anyway, it was interesting to me, and I thought I'd share it with you.

Definitely off topic :D .

Chester :newyear:

• Chester and the Mrs...

Frankly my dear, I don't give a .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't resist. :)

Good story, thanks for sharing it.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne