Sergeant 1st Cl Paul Ray Smith Is To Be

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,036 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• He was 33 when he died of his wounds for his actions on: April 4/2003. He was credited with saving the lives of at least 100 soldiers by manning a heavy MG and firing on a tower controlled by Iraqis firing at them as well as appx 100 Iraqis who were attacking to his position.

The men he saved were beyong his position and these men were: Scouts, Medics, A Mortar Unit and a Command Post.

I am glad he is finally being recognized for his actions. This Medal of Honor is 1 of only 3 to be awarded since the end of Vietnam. Sergeant Smith was a vet of the 1st Gulf War.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Been reading and hearing about this young man who gave up his life for his troop. He was very dedicated. Very deserving of the medal. Wish he was alive to receive this, but I know his family is very proud.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Hondo, I too wish he were alive to recieve this award. I think it's a shame that no living soldier since Nam has been granted this award.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..