There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,959 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just wanted to announce that Anne Bancroft has passed away today. She had cancer and was 73 years old. Though she and Duke did not do a movie together, they have something related. They were both parents to Katharine Ross in a years time. Her mother in 1967 was Bancroft in The Graduate as Elaine Robinson, and in 1968 was Duke's daughter, Tish Buckman in The Hellfighters.

Bancroft was married to Mel Brooks for 40 years with one son. Rest In Peace, Anne.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Sorry to hear the news. She was a talented actress. I never could figure out the matchup with her and Mel Brooks. They seemed like two entirely different personalities, but maybe that's what made the marriage click.
    Jay :(

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hondo.

Thanks for letting us know about the passing of Anne Bancroft.

I remember her in THE GRADUATE. it seems funny that we were talking about her husband MEL BROOKS, only a couple of days ago on an other thread.

May she rest in peace.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I too heard she had passed away. I do not think I ever saw any of her movies cept for The Hellfighters but, I am sad to hear of her passing away. May she Rest In Peace.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Ringo,

Bancroft was not in Hellfighters. We were talking about Katherine Ross being in that movie and earlier in The Graduate with Bancroft.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Hondo, woops, sorry about that. I had thought she was in it though. Katherine Ross? that's cool as I like her and I liked her in Shenandoah with James Stewart, Doug McClure, Pat Wayne, Paul Fix, and so many others.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..