Quick Question...

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,237 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi everyone. I don't know if this is the place to ask this question, but I am a big fan of the music in old western movies, and I was wondering if anyone knew the title of the song that is usually played when there is about to be a gunfight, or a draw.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

• Hi and welcome,
    You may have to be more specific,as for every single gunfight,
    I feel sure there is a different piece of music, or in some films,
    none at all!!!!
    Have you a particular film sequence, you wish to know about?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Well, its kinda hard to describe. I wasnt thinking about a scene in particular, but whenever there is a western-style showdown, be it in a movie, cartoon, or whatever, you always hear this piece of music. Usually has a tumbleweed and eye-squinting to go with it :).

• kingklown13: What you're looking for might be one of Ennio Morricone's pieces from his scores to the Clint Eastwood "Spaghetti Westerns." Try Amazon and search "A Fistful of Dollars" or even better, try "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly." One of the pieces in the latter should be what you're looking for. Otherwise, the music in question might be a piece of "stock" music, which is often used as stereotypical; western showdown music. It may feature electric guitar, harmonica etc. But try the "Good, Bad and the Ugly."

The Morricone version isn't available to hear, so here's the pop hit version by Hugo Montenegro:

track_one

"Day off?"
    "Off day."