The Sand Pebbles

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,966 times. The latest Post () was by InHarmsWay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Cole,

That's pretty cool. I have to admit that I have never seen The Sand Pebbles, but I like to see it maybe in the winter.

What movie would you like to honor on a web site?

I'm looking at Steve McQueen in The Great Escape as we speak on AMC.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I love the Sand Pebbles,one of my all time favorites.This was also the VERY first dvd I bought oh so many years back and have watched it countless times.Great cast also including Richard Crenna (Rambo etc).Its a great website Cole, Im looking at it as I write this, it will be great fun going over it.

-IHW

• Hi Cole, IHW, HDL.

Over the last few years I have seen several sites devoted to one movie. One that comes to mind is Pearl Harbor. Another is for Where Eagle's Dare.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jul 20 2005, 02:50 PM
    Hi Cole, IHW, HDL.

Over the last few years I have seen several sites devoted to one movie. One that comes to mind is Pearl Harbor. Another is for Where Eagle's Dare.

[snapback]19264[/snapback]

"Where Eagles Dare",great movie - also part of my collection.Burton and Eastwood at their finest in my opinon.I also liked the guy who played the SS Major, the womanizer who brought the girls to the castle.Good story,great acting.

-IHW

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@Jul 21 2005, 12:02 AM
    "Where Eagles Dare",great movie - I also liked the guy who played the SS Major, the womanizer who brought the girls to the castle.

[snapback]19294[/snapback]

That was Derren Nesbitt, a British actor better known in his homeland. The only other pictures he was in that had any international currency that I can recall were "The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders" and "The Blue Max." But he did a great many British productions in the '60s and '70s.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Well thanks Jay, I do now remember him from the Blue Max (Another great film). But his role was not very big at all, I dont think I would have ever realized it was him if you had'nt pointed it out.

-IHW

• The Sand Pebbles was a excellent movie and I thourghly enjoyed it. Just about anything with Steve McQueen in the film is worth watching. Cool website, thanks for the link.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Jay and IHW, I also liked Darren Nesbit. He was great opposite that German Colonel who was the CO of the Eagle's Nest. I can't think of his name at the moment but that actor always made for a great "bad guy" in war movies. He was good in The Great Escape as an SS officer who helped bring in Bartlett, the leader of the "Z" organization near the beginning of the movie.

Sorry for getting off the track w/ Sand Pebbles. I too liked this film and thought Steve McQueen as usual, was unbeatable in it along with Richard Crenna. If i'm not mistaken, I think Sir Richard Attenborough is in this movie as well.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have taped "The Sand Pebbles" off TCM, but haven't had a chance to watch it. As I remember from seeing it on its first run a theaters (so l-o-n-g ago), it was a pretty good flick. I'm going to have to set up some kind of a time share program for myself to accomplish all the things I want to do! - Whew.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Sir Richard Attenborough is in The Sand Pebbles,he plays Frenchy Bergourne (sp?).He then remains there and marries the woman he "purchased" from the bar he and his shipmates frequented.

-IHW

• I totally lost the thread where we were discussing CROSS OF IRON, and I cant seem to be able to find it.

HOWEVER, Cross Of Iron is on tonight at 10:45 Mountain Time. And tomorrow morning at 11:30am Mountain time.

I cannot wait to catch this, Its great luck that I came across it. I hope more of you will be able to watch it between this evening and tomorrow

:jump:

-IHW

• Interesting question. I tend to want a site dedicated to whatever movie I am obsessed with! I wouldn't mind having a site (or creating one) of:

TONY ROME/LADY IN CEMENT- Two Frank Sinatra detective movies that werwe filmed in Miami in 1967-68. Great shots of how the town looked at the tail end of it's original splenor. People could chime in about their Miami memories from the time period via the Guestbook.

IN HARM'S WAY- I'd like to have character profiles along with screen captures and a forum, with WWII in the Pacific as one of the topics.

Of course, these films have limited appeal and wouldn't generate much interest so they're pretty much pipe dreams. Couple that with the fact that I don't own the computer tools to do such a thing.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• I believe, for me the only movie I would like to honor with a website would be (as Cole already mentioned) In Harms Way.

-IHW