Best Big Screen Robin Hood.

There are 20 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,239 times. The latest Post () was by Stumpy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by SXViper@Jul 28 2005, 03:55 PM
    When I was in Sasebo, they wouldn't allow us to go in the stores and bars because our ship had nuclear capable weapons systems. They were protesting our being there. So what you saw was a bunch of sailors sitting on the side of the road drunk from buying beer from the beer machines they had. I really didn't care much for Japan.

You guys were there at a considerably later time than I was and apparently it had changed quite a bit. It was an excellent liberty port when I was there.

Let me relate a humorous incident that happened when we visited Sasebo. We had a squadron party on the beach in some upscale Japanese restaurant. As those of you who have visited Japan know, you always had to remove your shoes when visiting someplace like that. In the foyer of the restaurant, they had a rack with numbers where everybody could stow their shoes during the party. Well, some so-and-so snuck out during the party and switched everybody's shoes around in the rack so when we went to get our shoes as the party was breaking up, nobody could find their own shoes. (Didn't help matters any that most of us were six sheets to the wind.) I never did find my shoes and in fact, went back aboard ship barefooted. The OOD looked at me when I staggered aboard and just shook his head. :lol: :lol: :lol: Luckily, I didn't get a Captain's Mast out of the deal.

Of all the foreign countries I visited during my 26 years of military service, Japan was by far my favorite. Sure did like those sexy yet very feminine little Japanese women. :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum