Movie Review For

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,911 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Senta@Nov 5 2005, 01:03 AM
    Oh, Carl, Thanks. It is a lot of information that I didn't know before. I always was interested how it all happens in real life not in the movie. And it is also a lot of questions about the leaders decisions. I had one book about Custer, it contains letters between Custer and his wife Libby.
    Regards,
    Senta

[snapback]22813[/snapback]

Hi Senta, i'm glad this info helped you. I wish you had access to one of our cable TV stations called: the History Channel. They have 2-3 great documentaries about Custer and the battle of The Little Big Horn. One I particularly liked was one Documentary called: Unsolved History. This one was done from a scientific point of view. I they used an expert from the FBI who is an expert on Forensics. They used satilite technology to show us how the Custer fight took place, developed and pretty much ended. All this was done by the scientific research team who were allowed to hunt for artefacts from the massacre site because a prarie fire had recently occurred and had burnt down most of the grass and it was thus easy for the team to search for things without disturbing the site.

They found dozens and dozens of spent and also unfired cartridges that Custers men had fired. They did the same with cartridges they found from where the Indains should have been. Then they took a reading of where each cartridge was found, took a reading and then entered it into the computer which fed it through the satilite. They then got a print out of where the exact fighting took place.

I know of the book about the letters from George & Libby. I skimmed through it once but that was sometime ago. I wanted to buy a copy of the book but never got around to it.

Take care Senta. C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Keith, I too truely enjoyed this film. What's funny is that the first time I watched it, (which was about 17 years ago) I did not like the film. I watched it twice over the past few years and decided I truely liked this movie. Last night as a matter of fact, I watched the extra things they put into it like the Newsreel footage and trailer etc. I know a little about The Dust Bowl Days, but not much. Just from seeing the few minutes of footage made me learn more than I had known.

Best regards--C.

• Hi Carl,
    It was interesting to read about all that documental research. I didn't know about that.
    I too like The Grapes of Wrath. And Ford is my favorite director now. I'm reading a book about him now, written by his grandson.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Hi Senta

Dan Ford's book s very good.

If you really get into the subject three I can recommend are:

Searching for John Ford by Joseph McBride

About John Ford by his good friend the British director Lindsey Anderson & John Ford by Tay Gallagher.

There are also The Western Films of John Ford and the Non Western Films of John Ford by J.H.Place.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Arthur,
    Thank you for the advise. I'm really enjoing Dan Ford's book.
    Can't promise you taht I shall read all at once. I'm new at the subject and I had to get and read so many books (not only about Ford, about Duke too) :dead:
    But I feel myself wonderful about that, to say truth.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Hi Senta, Arthur.

Senta, thanks and glad you enjoyed reading it. I can find more if you wish. ;-))
    John Ford is one of my favorite directors but so are Lewis Milestone and Michael Curtiz. And of course, a modern director in the name of Clint Eastwood is also a favorite of mine.