What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,455,010 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Arthur, keep us posted on this one, I've been skirting around the edges of buying this one so would be really interested to hear what you think of it.
    Regards, Peter

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I saw all the installments when the first aired. It's a very interesting "take" on things. I wouldn't call it a pure western by ANY stretch of imagination, but it's a compelling tale set in a "rustic" setting, much like JW's "Shepherd Of the Hills..."

For those of us who love U.S. history, grew up in a rural/semi-rural locale (East Tennessee), have an interest in how legends got started, it's perfect.

It's done well, and it's very thought-provoking.

• Pursued on Olive Films. Directed by Raoul Walsh, starring Robert Mitchum, Dean Jagger, Alan Hale and a small part for Harry Carey Jr.
    Fantastic, unconventional Western, one of the best I've seen recently.
    Olive Films remastering is as good as ever. Def worth checking out if you haven't seen it, IMHO!

• I never heard of Olive Films till Peters posting. I checked into a list of some they are releasing and was VERY pleased to see a few Charlton Heston Westerns included. I;e: The Pony Express as well as The Savage. I didnt know that they somehow gained control of the stock of movies that had belonged to Republic Studios.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I never heard of Olive Films till Peters posting. I checked into a list of some they are releasing and was VERY pleased to see a few Charlton Heston Westerns included. I;e: The Pony Express as well as The Savage. I didnt know that they somehow gained control of the stock of movies that had belonged to Republic Studios.

Hi Carl, Paula posted an extensive list of upcoming republic titles which includes some amazing titles.
    No idea where it is but if Keith reads this may the list could be moved to the olive films dedicated thread! I'd do it but don't think i can!

• Hi Carl, Paula posted an extensive list of upcoming republic titles which includes some amazing titles.
    No idea where it is but if Keith reads this may the list could be moved to the olive films dedicated thread! I'd do it but don't think i can!

Here is the dedicated thread
    Olive Films
    Peter, I believe this the thread you were asking for!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• "Curse Of the Undead"(1959)
    -Michael Pate, Eric Fleming

Plot: IMDB
    Young women in a small Western town are dying one by one of an unknown malady involving massive blood loss. The Carter family's ranch is being terrorized by ruthless land baron Buffer. And a mysterious black-clad gunfighter with an aversion to sunlight has just arrived in town.

Phantom's Review: I love this film. I watch it every Halloween. While most definitely a "B" movie, this is actually a very good "B" movie. It's able to combine elements from both supernatural horror and western into one story and make it good. Filled with familiar character actors that are easily recognizable to fans, some nice creepy atmosphere and a great spooky music score. This is a fun Halloween treat for those of us who are fans of both Horror and Westerns.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hi Carl, Paula posted an extensive list of upcoming republic titles which includes some amazing titles.

I saw the list and I have many of them but released by some other company. I joined the home theater site just to get more info on releases. From what I can remember reading--sounds like Olive Films will eb very expensive. I alsr read on the same site that they might not be releasing The Savage. Oh and, I found a source for a VERY scantily shown and little known Charlton Heston classic called: Counterpoint. Someone released it on DvD and I have the info written down somewhere and hope to find it again? Anyway, I saw it once about 30 years ago and loved it. I think it was shown on WTBS (long before TCM was thought of) and would like to see it again.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The lawn damage is repaired, the fallen tree branches are stacked, and I was in the mood for a treat - "Tombstone".
    What a hell of a western.
    "You tell 'em I'm coming!"

We deal in lead, friend.

• Glad it passed without too much damage. Great way to treat yourself with Tombstone!

• Caught up with the 1955 version of The Spoilers-not as bad as I remembered, not as good as Duke's, but very watchable.