What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,468,371 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Carl, I got volume 1 to 5 of Range Rider on Amazon for $15 sealed!
    That's got to be good value and worth putting up with slightly inferior quality.
    I'll try and do a screen grab, it'll be a first, lol!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Carl, I got volume 1 to 5 of Range Rider on Amazon for $15 sealed!
    That's got to be good value and worth putting up with slightly inferior quality.
    I'll try and do a screen grab, it'll be a first, lol!

Many thanks. I think the 2 episodes I saw were on DvDs made by one of those ultra cheapskate companies like Alpha Video--but it wasnt Alpha Video. I cant remember the name of the company but--they were also the ones who put out the Audie Murphy TV series: Whispering Smith--and the quality was bad most of the episodes. I gave those away too. I picked them up at WM for $18.00.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Many thanks. I think the 2 episodes I saw were on DvDs made by one of those ultra cheapskate companies like Alpha Video--but it wasnt Alpha Video. I cant remember the name of the company but--they were also the ones who put out the Audie Murphy TV series: Whispering Smith--and the quality was bad most of the episodes. I gave those away too. I picked them up at WM for $18.00.

PMD, remind me to talk to you about screen grabs. We were going to go through them in detail, I only told you a little bit. I don't have all the wonderful Blue Ray, countless movies, NO posters and such, but I am decent at working computers, LOL..even if yours IS a Mac. LOL, LH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Pillars of the Sky
    Haven't seen this in over a year P and Carl, but it is very interesting, slightly different from the movies of its time. Also called "The Tomahawk and the Cross"....that name seems more appropriate to me. Some reviews actually list Ward as first in the cast. All turn in good performances, but Lee Marvin particularly impressed me although his part was not a large one, and his Irish accent was not like the type you expect from Ward....I think it may have been rather early in his career or this type of a film. I would love to see it again and will put it on My LIST. If you haven't seen it Dooley, I suggest you do before you sell it. I believe you would want to keep it in your collection, unless you have a newer version. Ward turns in a performance of a character quite different from his already amazing plethora of roles. Also it shows a different approach to the treatment of Indians. Michael Ansara puts in a super performance, also.
    And, if I remember correctly, you won't see any saddles or saddle pads on the Indians horses.....things like that interest me. They ride and mount bareback or simply on a blanket. That separates the REAL stuntmen from the everyday run of the mill kind. Another little something that interests me, I know I saw at least one poster that had Ward in the foreground, LOL! Watch it first P. LH

I haven't watched it, just trying to get Carl to buy more dvds, lol!

• Pillars of the Sky
    By the way, this little movie has some incredible posters, etc. associated with it. I was just looking for the one with Ward in the foreground and found instances of the touting of the artwork. Still can't find the Ward one, though, LOL!
    Here is an article by Toby about some of them:
    http://fiftieswesterns.wordpre…/pillars-of-the-sky-1956/
    Well, I will keep looking.....I KNOW it is out there, LOL. I didn't see him until I scrolled down, and there he was, kneeling in the very foreground with the "stars" in the back. Check out the artwork PMD......this is a keeper! LH

• PMD, remind me to talk to you about screen grabs. We were going to go through them in detail, I only told you a little bit. I don't have all the wonderful Blue Ray, countless movies, NO posters and such, but I am decent at working computers, LOL..even if yours IS a Mac. LOL, LH

Will do. The internet is running is really slow today and it took me abour 20 minutes just to get into Duke Wayne.

• Pillars of the Sky
    Haven't seen this in over a year P and Carl, but it is very interesting, slightly different from the movies of its time. Also called "The Tomahawk and the Cross"....that name seems more appropriate to me. Some reviews actually list Ward as first in the cast. All turn in good performances, but Lee Marvin particularly impressed me although his part was not a large one, and his Irish accent was not like the type you expect from Ward....I think it may have been rather early in his career or this type of a film. I would love to see it again and will put it on My LIST. If you haven't seen it Dooley, I suggest you do before you sell it. I believe you would want to keep it in your collection, unless you have a newer version. Ward turns in a performance of a character quite different from his already amazing plethora of roles. Also it shows a different approach to the treatment of Indians. Michael Ansara puts in a super performance, also.
    And, if I remember correctly, you won't see any saddles or saddle pads on the Indians horses.....things like that interest me. They ride and mount bareback or simply on a blanket. That separates the REAL stuntmen from the everyday run of the mill kind. Another little something that interests me, I know I saw at least one poster that had Ward in the foreground, LOL! Watch it first P. LH

I have not seen it in at least 35 or so years. I would love to see it again.

• The Shootist. What can I say. I think he acted better in this movie than any other he was in. The more I see it, the more I love it. I am so glad he was able to finish it as sick as he was. Really wish he could have lasted until he and Ronnie Howard made the new movie Duke was so excited about. He told Ron only "you and me could play it", or something of the sort. Sure would like to know what it was about. KEITH

• Stagecoach again, getting ready to post my thing on the Group Watch. Wish some others would join in. So far, Mark is the only one who has posted and it has been 16 days since it began....

Hard to find something to post that hasn't already been picked apart many times throughout the years.

But, I think I have a good one, LOL. KEITH

• Colorado Territory with Joel McCrea and a young Henry Hull. Getting to like Joel McCrea more with each movie I see him in. And,I don't believe Henry Hull EVER was not great in his role......some people are born naturals! KEITH

• Colorado Territory with Joel McCrea and a young Henry Hull. Getting to like Joel McCrea more with each movie I see him in. And,I don't believe Henry Hull EVER was not great in his role......some people are born naturals! KEITH

You see! I knew I would convert you, lol!:wink_smile:

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"