What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,091 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey folks, I found "the Big Trail" in blue ray for $5. Is the blue going to be any better in black & white then the previous one?
    The blue ray does seem to have some extra add-ons.
    Just wondering, someone on here probably has checked it out and I couldn't find any thread where this question seemed to fit.
    thanks,

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Ethanedwards- Hi Mr. Moderator.
    Do we cover blue-rays, on a special thread? It might be useful to gather blue ray information and put on one thread. I would like it, maybe someothers would also.
    thanks, for dealing with this question.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• The Irish Duke; thanks, that URL you posted for me did have the information I needed.

• I'm still watching episodes of that lousy Western "Rawhide".

I paid more than a hundred dollars a few weeks ago for what was supposed to be "first four seasons" of this show. In realty, the package only had the first full season and then segments of the next three seasons. Occasionally, I watch an episode that's not half-bad but mostly the episodes stink.

I would have stopped watching it much sooner but didn't want to think that the money had been wasted. lol

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Haha maybe it's time you guys give up on Rawhide, I tried it a few years ago on TCM and once you get over seeing a young Clint there's very little left to stay for. Amuses me seeing consistently bad reviews for them from you both though!

I may be wrong but I'm beginning to think that "Rawhide" was probably the beginning of the broadcast movement to indoctrinate people with political correctness. I just about stopped watching television in the Seventies because practically every single show we watched was trying to brainwash us into adopting the Hollywood (read liberal) point of view. "Rawhide" had not yet become so explicitly left-wing and politically correct but hints were there. Nowadays it's almost impossible to find a show that's NOT politically correct.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Haha maybe it's time you guys give up on Rawhide, I tried it a few years ago on TCM and once you get over seeing a young Clint there's very little left to stay for. Amuses me seeing consistently bad reviews for them from you both though!

Ha ha, it's fun Jim and me suffering you think
    glad you're enjoying our woes!!
    However, forever a glutton for more punishment,
    I promise I am going to watch one more and that's it!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Tin Star directed by Mann and starring Fonda, was every bit as good as the movies Mann made with Stewart, this really was excellent. A former sheriff turned bounty hunter goes to a town and helps out the novice sheriff and falls for a widow and befriends her son, was all about law and order with some racial stuff thrown in, seemed quite Fordian early on but it developed from there and was clearly the work of Mann and stood on it's own merits. Fonda really was at home in this genre and it showed again here, iv'e been working through some of his 50's and 60's Westerns lately and he really is great.

• I watched Will Penny and in the credits a name jumped out at me.........he sang the title song......DON CHERRY. He was a good friend of Gibbons and mine. Played a bunch of golf with him and also stopped at whatever lounge he was playing in at Vegas, Tahoe, wherever. I forgot what it was, but every time we walked in......he would spot Gibbons....he was TALL, and would stop singing and would sing Gibbon’s song. Looked him up and seems as if he is still alive at 90 and there is a number to call him. As soon as it is a decent time PST, I am going to.....forgot all about old Don. Super nice guy. His biggest hit was Band of Gold. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE