What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,396 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Horse Soldiers 1959, With John Wayne, William Holden, Constance Towers & Judson Pratt, A Union Cavalry outfit is sent behind confederate lines in strength to destroy a rail/supply center. Along with them is sent a doctor who causes instant antipathy between him and the commander. A great movie.

• "Reprisal" 1956 on youtube.
    Guy Madison,Felicia Farr, Kathryn Grant also edward platt.
    I enjoyed the move. I have alway liked Guy Madison as an actor.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• "Walk the Proud Land", Western, 1956 A good movie,Audie Murphy, Anne Bancroft, Pat Crowley. Audie plays
    and Indian agent doing good. Anne plays an Indian, Pat is Audie's wife.
    Based on a true story. Audie's character in real life moved to Tombstone and became a good friend of
    Wyatt Earp's.
    "Fury at Furnace Creek 1948", Western I liked the movie. Victor Mature, Coleen Grey,

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• 'Rider Of The Skull' (1965)

Plot:
    A masked rider and two companions travel thru old Mexico fighting supernatural creatures such as a werewolf, A vampire and a headless Horseman.

Phantom's Review: Definitely falling into the catagory of 'Weird Western' this is one of the most hysterically bad movies I have ever seen. God awful FX, terrible acting, a toatally inept hero, and i awear the masked hero must have changed actors in the second part of the film, because he looks taller and thinner. Wonderfully bad Mexican made film. Perfect for a Bad Movie Night.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• 'Bone Tomahawk' (2015)
    -Kurt Russell

Plot: Rotten Tomatoes

In the Old West, a sheriff (Kurt Russell), his deputy (Richard Jenkins), a gunslinger (Matthew Fox),and a cowboy (Patrick Wilson) embark on a mission to rescue three people from a savage group of cave dwellers.

Phantom's Review: This is a wonderful movie, but it's definitely NOT for everyone. This is a slow burn, dialogue driven character piece. The action is all but non existent, and the horror aspects only happen towards the end. Instead you get a superbly acted movie with some of the best written dialogue that I have ever heard. In fact , there's barely even music. Kurt Russell is excellent as always, but to honest the whole cast is great.. If you want an action packed, blood soaked western , then look somewhere else. If you want to enjoy some great acting, then try to catch 'Bone Tomahawk'

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town