What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,468,342 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The western seen for the first time this year is a "Escape from Fort Bravo" made DVD at last.
    Directed by John Starges,with Wiliam Holden,Elenor Parker.
    Good suspenceful western.Good music by StanJones(Yellow Stripes
    heard) and great Arizona Blue Sky shot by Robert Surtees.

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• "Billy The Kid" (1941)
    -Robert Taylor

Highly fictionalized, Highly romanticized look at the Kid's life and the Lincoln County Wars. There is about half a teaspoon of fact in this film and the rest is Hollywood B.S... but surprisingly it's not a bad movie at all. Just a fun, enjoyable western. The only major problem I had with the film is that star Robert Taylor was about 30 years old when he played "The Kid" but he does a good job.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "The Law vs Billy The Kid" (1954)
    - Scott Brady

Yet another look at the life of Billy and the Lincoln County Wars.

Unlike the 1941 film (with Robert Taylor) this film gets a few of the historical facts right, but for the most part it's just another low budget action film. Like the 1941 film this movie has a Billy who looks to about 30 years old. Not much of a "Kid". Plenty of western action, an okay story and some decent acting. Watchable, but forgettable.

• Hang 'em High with Clint Eastwood. I think I like this western from Clint than anything else. The late Pat Hingle plays the judge.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• HI

Desolation Canyon a 2006 western starring Patrick Duffy and Stacey Keech. probably a made for tele western, with a straightforward plot with a grandfather chasing outlaws among which is his son who has kidnapped his son.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

Edited once, last by arthurarnell: spelling ().

• I can't remember exactly which Western I saw last-but I think it was the final of the four Magnificent Seven movies. I have the box set and though George Kennedy and Lee Van Cleef were good in the Yul Brynner role of Chris--neither of them were Yul Brynner.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "South Of Heaven, West Of Hell" (2000)
    -Dwight Yokam

Absolutely one of the worst western films I have ever seen. Boring, badly acted, foul mouthed and makes no sense at all. Other then some beautiful scenery, this film is a complete waste of time.

• "South Of Heaven, West Of Hell" (2000)
    -Dwight Yokam

Absolutely one of the worst western films I have ever seen. Boring, badly acted, foul mouthed and makes no sense at all. Other then some beautiful scenery, this film is a complete waste of time.

Phantomstranger don't hold back now. How do you really feel about the movie?

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The War Wagon with John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Howard Keel. A very good western that Duke produced.

- John Wayne quote

• I watched "My Darling Clementine" on TCM last night. It has been a long time since I had seen it all the way through in one sitting! Even in black and white, Monument Valley is really imposing!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Shenandoah with James Stewart and Patrick Wayne. It is on AMC. I like this movie a lot.

- John Wayne quote