What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,475,671 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Guns Of The Magnificent Seven" (1969)
    -George Kennedy, James Whitmore, Monte Markham

Plot: IMDB

A Mexican revolutionary hires an American gunslinger to organize the rescue of their leader from a brutal army prison.

Phantom's Review: Third film in "M7" series. Not as good as the classic original, but nowhere near as bad as the fourth film ("The M7 Ride!")
    Western vet George Kennedy takes over the role of Chris from Yul Brynner and his version bears absolutely NO resemblance to the original, but despite this, I actually enjoy this film a lot. Familiar screen faces such as Jo Don Baker, Bernie Casey and Micheal Ansara (as the villain) populate the film. The plot is basic, but the acting is good and the action is plentiful. A solid, good sequel.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Five Savage Men" = One Bad Movie
    The only reason for watching this under-stuffed turkey is to see that Michele Carey, Joey from "El Dorado", is, indeed, a girl.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Five Savage Men" = One Bad Movie
    The only reason for watching this under-stuffed turkey is to see that Michele Carey, Joey from "El Dorado", is, indeed, a girl.

We deal in lead, friend.

:lol::lol::lol: I HOPE it turned out that way? :-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Tall Man Riding" (1955)
    -Randolph Scott

seeking revenge against ranch owner Tuck Ordway for publicly whipping him years earlier and breaking up his relationship with Ordway's daughter, cowboy Larry Madden plans to oust Ordway from his ranch by having his claim to the land declared invalid. Ordway's daughter Corinna, believing Madden to be the cause of the family's recent misfortunes, is unaware that the local saloon owner also has designs upon the Ordway holdings.

Phantom's Review: Randolph Scott doing what he did best. Solid, well acted western adventure. Nothing too original, but plenty of action. I enjoyed it.
    --

• Don't know if Track of the Cat counts as a western. Robert Mitchum was very good as the villainous middle brother, but when he was offscreen it was a bit talkative and studio-bound. There were some great snowy locations though.

• "The Lone Ranger" (1956)
    -Clayton Moore, Jay Silverheels

A a greedy cattle baron wants to seize a silver-rich mountain on an Indian reservation and devises plans to have the Indians relocated or exterminated to achieve his ends.

Phantom's Review: I love this movie. A wonderful, Saturday morning matinee style western adventure film. In other words, it's fun for kids of all ages.
    Simple, but well written story, plenty of action, beautifully filmed, a good supporting cast and of course the legendary Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels in their signature roles. I fully admit to having a fondness for The Ranger And Tonto and this is one of their best adventures. The folks who are going to be in next years new movie had better do a good job. They have a lot to live up to.

• Some episodes of The Rifleman, on AMC this morning. Man that show was great. Also, last night-saw some Roy Rogers western on TCM, and right now is: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance-on AMC.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..