What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,391 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Been watching some old Dick Foran Westerns on TCM this evening. DOnt know the titles as im still busy packing for my first trip Moving all my junk back to CORPUS CHRISTI as of tomorrow ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr" (1993)
    -Bruce Campbell

Plot:
    When U.S. Marshal Brisco County, Sr. is murdered by John Bly and his gang of outlaws, the robber barons of San Francisco's Westerfield Club hire Brisco County, Jr. as a bounty hunter to round them up. Brisco meets a lot of interesting people along the way, including rival bounty hunter Lord Bowler, and the Westerfield Club's stuffy lawyer, Socrates Poole. He also learns of a mysterious object which John Bly would do anything to possess, for the supernatural power it can give him.

Phantom's Review" Pilot film for the short lived, but absolutely brilliant, Sci-Fi Western. Despite only lasting one season, this is one of my favorite shows. The pilot (like the whole series) is filled with action, humor and a great sense of fun. Not your traditional western, but then. it wasn't supposed to be.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• broken arrow with james stewart
    the battle at apache pass with john lund
    drumbeat with alan ladd
    the last rites of ransom pride,a awful western
    cisco kid and the lady

• "Villa Rides", certainly stuff and nonsense, but some fun mixed in with the battles. Nice to see Magnificent Seven alums Brynner and Bronson together again.

We deal in lead, friend

• COWBOYS AND ALIENS.
    Not bad, but not that great either…just another big budget comic book style movie with action, special effects, and not much more.

With a title like “Cowboys and Aliens” you can’t really expect much of a story, but with a concept like that, I was expecting a little more humor to it…some old style B movie cheesy fun. But the filmmakers took the idea more seriously than I expected.

In short, fun but forgettable! Guess comic book stories just aren’t my thing! Just a good excuse to get out to the movies once again!

• While I agree that Cowboys and Aliens wasn't Oscar worthy, I enjoyed it very much. Kept me interested, plenty of action,a few laughs and Olivia Wilde is never hard on the eyes. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "