What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,351 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• More eps of: ZORRO. Season 2 had John Litel as the Gov of California. Forgot to mention that Perry Lopez is one who gets a "Price" for his head in a series episodes story arc.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I saw Cowboys and Aliens in the theater. I thought it had more hits than misses but overall I wish they'd gone with another Firefly sequel.

Right now my son who is laid up with food poisoning for the 2nd week is watching The Shootist for the first time. He's Autistic and has never seen a John Wayne* film in his life, but still knew who the great man was at first sight. :jump: That proves what a great icon Mr Wayne is to us all, doesn't it? I'm so proud! (Of Mr Wayne and my son, in case you were wondering...)

*wouldn't sit still long enough before

We're burning moonlight.

• True Grit. The new one. Don't ask me why, a momentary lapse of reason I guess. I didn't like it. Especially did not like the ending. I realize that it is supposed to be truer to the original Portis novel, but I still prefer the original version with Duke. I think I'll attribute my watching it to the "Car Wreck Syndrome." You know you shouldn't look, and you know what you're going to see will be awful, but the temptation is too great. Then you look, and then you regret it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• True Grit. The new one. Don't ask me why, a momentary lapse of reason I guess. I didn't like it. Especially did not like the ending. I realize that it is supposed to be truer to the original Portis novel, but I still prefer the original version with Duke. I think I'll attribute my watching it to the "Car Wreck Syndrome." You know you shouldn't look, and you know what you're going to see will be awful, but the temptation is too great. Then you look, and then you regret it.

I still have yet to watch the new version and somehow, I doubt I ever will. I just don't have the energy to attempt it.

Watched more ZORRO, and the guests this time included: Neil Hamilton (Commissioner Gordon of: Batman TV series fame) and Robert Vaughn of Man From Uncle & The "A" Team and Movies fame.

That was such a great series and so much a SHAME-that the STUPID LAWYERS fro both ABC TV and Disney-loused it up-couldnt come to an agreement, and the series was yanked-even though ti had 44% of the viewing market by the 2nd season. >:-((

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The Western Channel played a 1060's Wagon Train Wed. 1/4/12
    "The Colter Craven Story" - Directed by John Ford with Michael Morris in a cameo. Guess who Michael Morris was. You guessed it, John Wayne.
    Look for it to be replayed in the near future as that is common - Big Jim

• The Western Channel played a 1060's Wagon Train Wed. 1/4/12
    "The Colter Craven Story" - Directed by John Ford with Michael Morris in a cameo. Guess who Michael Morris was. You guessed it, John Wayne.
    Look for it to be replayed in the near future as that is common - Big Jim

Spot on Jim,
    and here is our dedicated thread
    TV-"Wagon Train"- The Colter Craven Story (1960)

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• "The Ride To Hangman's Tree" (1967)
    -Jack Lord

Plot: IMDB
    Three young outlaws try to stay together and keep one step ahead of the law.

Phantom's Review: Likable, light hearted western adventure. A good (and very recognizable) cast intentionally pull out all of the western cliche's. and have fun doing it. Very enjoyable.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Some episodes of The High Chaparral and Our little House on the Prairie.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• "The Comancheros" on Blu Ray. Wow!
    The extras include a brief history about the comancheros and a short bio of Duke. Interestingly, there were scenes from "The Alamo" on Blu Ray.