What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,369 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The half hour Gunsmoke episodes on WC-Ol Matt & Kitty were more frisky in these, and Matt more blood-thirsty. Good stuff-

• The Professionals on Blu ray: stunning transfer, great cast, story and Claudia Cardinale!

Last John Wayne film was Big Jim McLaine having never seen it

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Rebel TV series, on METV I think. Has some generic music from old Paramount westerns (A.C.Lyles westerns seems like). Must have some licensing issue with the original theme by Johnny Cash. Still a great show tho-Nick Adams should have had a better career-

Edited once, last by alamo221 ().

• "Joe Dakota"(1957)
    -Jock Mahoney

Plot: IMDB
    A stranger rides into town and says he is looking for a local Indian. Told he left town, the truth everyone has been hiding comes out including the stranger's true identity.

Phantom's Review: Standard, but entertaining "B" movie. While the plot is nothing out of the ordinary, the film still has some good action, acting and a few nice light hearted moments. Star Jock Mahoney was a good leading man in these kind of films. Not a classic, but worth watching.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• By tonight it will be: Destry Rides Again w/ James Stewart and Marlene Dietrich. I dont think ive ever seen this movie? I have seen the Destry with Audie Murphy though and liked it very very much.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well, I watched Destry Rides Again--last night via DvD, and I thought it was very well made very well written and the actors chosen were top notch. I would love to see this movie remade but with Mel Gibson in James Stewarts role. Yakov Smirnov could be that Russian Immigrant, Viggio Mortensen could be the one to portray the role that Brian Donlevy did and the Marlene Dietrich role could go to??????

• The Yearling: I grew up playing in all the spots where that film was shot. When Spencer Tracy was to play the role of Penny, the father, the location scout came out to the Ocala National Forest to see the areas where Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings had set the book.

My uncle, Raymond Batten, an accomplished hunter who knew the area like the back of his hand, guided the scout all around the area. For one reason and another that plan fell through. Gregory Peck was cast as Penny and he came with the location scout. Uncle Raymond took them around the places Jody would have played with his faun.

My mother and her sister cooked fish fries for both scouts and Mr Peck; and for the movie crews. They were both amazing cooks. :rose: I still have the cigarette case she was given in thanks. Of course, all this happened long before I was born, but it's family lore I've heard again and again. Herewith it's offered for your edification. Enjoy!

We're burning moonlight.

• Currently watching Across the Wide Missouri (and enjoying it more than I thought I would!). Surely it qualifies as an early western?

At the moment a (stunt) horse is running away with a child and warring brothers-in-law are digging in for a gunfight. Intense.

We're burning moonlight.

• last night, War Arrow w/ Jeff Chandler, Charles Drake, Noah Beery Jr, John McIntire, Jay Silverheels and our Lady: Maureen O'Hara. Very nice Western.

This morning: Duel At Silver Creek w/ Audie Murphy, Faith Domerque and Stephen McNally. This was one heck of a great Western and glad I bought it along with War Arrow. Its part of a 2-disc 4 movie Western set that I didnt know I had. Now tonights viewing will probably be Randolph Scott in Alberqurque-or whatever the 4th title is?