What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,544 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Still struggling through Whispering Smith. Some eps are terrible, some mediocre and some very well made.

Some more notables in the series include Harry Carey Jr as a Cavalry Sergeant--and the best episode so far, as well as James Best and Edward Platt in an ep together-another of the better ones.

It's no wonder why Audie Murphy didnt care that the series was cancelled. Appears that not much money was invested in the series and the theme music is lousy at best.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Was in the mood for something light-hearted so I watched "The Scalphunters". Great Bernstein score and Burt Lancaster was still pretty spry when he made this one.
    He also included his old acrobatic partner Nick Cravat as one of the gang, along with Chuck Roberson and Dabney Coleman.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Today I watched "The Sons Of Katie Elder" on AMC, I really enjoyed it.. been a long time since I last saw it..

"I admire your sand, Sister, but you should know this is no place for a woman"

• Still struggling through Whispering Smith-but still have 3-4 eps to sit through. As the little red engine said at least once: "I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can."

• Carl, life is too short (especially when you're my age) to force yourself to watch something you don't really like. It's like doing homework.

Me, I plunked in "El Dorado" early this morning and I've been grinning like the idiot I am ever since.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Carl, life is too short (especially when you're my age) to force yourself to watch something you don't really like. It's like doing homework.

Me, I plunked in "El Dorado" early this morning and I've been grinning like the idiot I am ever since.

We deal in lead, friend.

Hi Bill, that's all too true. Trouble is, since i paid $18 for it, I figured id better try them all. A few of the episodes were actually good but most left something to be desired. Audie gave his best and they equipped him with almost nothing.

• Saw "Fort Apache" on blu ray. If you need an excuse to spring for a Blu Ray player, this title will do. I've never seen such depth and clarity. To be fair, some of the close ups are grainy but the picture is breathtaking.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Saw "Fort Apache" on blu ray. If you need an excuse to spring for a Blu Ray player, this title will do. I've never seen such depth and clarity. To be fair, some of the close ups are grainy but the picture is breathtaking.

We deal in lead, friend.

Thanks Gorch, I have my copy of Fort Apache here waiting to get a chance to sit down and enjoy it. I see it has a monument valley docu on there too which I'm itching to see, as I'm going there on my honeymoon road trip in a few weeks!

I watched Rio Lobo on blu ray and it is stunning, it's so good it even makes the mediocre film more enjoyable!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Finished watching Whispering Smith-the best two episodes IMO-were the ones with Harry Carey Jr in it called: Safety Valve, and the one that had James Best and Edward Platt in it--The Hemp Reeger Story.

Still awaiting for the arrival of the complete Wanted: Dead or Alive TV Series. Can hardy wait to watch them as I saw the first 18 episodes and will rewatch them when they finally arrive.