What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,393 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The first two of a four Westerns set with James Stewart. Saw: Bend of the River as well as The Far Country. Both were excellent and I noticed both had almost the same male cast. Tonight will be I thinkit is: Canyon Passage? and there is a fourth but cant recall the title. ANyway, im looking forward to seeing the one he made with Audie Murphy and Dan Duryea.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• OK, here goes it for a 5 Western movies "marathon" of James Stewart Westerns.

1) Shanandoah w/ Patrick Wayne, Doug McClure, Paul Fix, Rosemary Forsythe, James Best, Harry Carey Jr, Philip Alford, Denver Pyle, Glenn Corbet, Katheryn Ross, and George Kennedy. Also has another frequent Duke co-star, just cant think of his name at this time. ((Name thought of and remembered--Edward Faulkner as the Yankee Infantry Sergeant who captures "The Boy." ))

Rating: Excellent-couldnt be better.

2) Bend of the River w/ Ruth Roman, Walter Brennan, John McIntire, Jay C. Flippen, Harry (Henry) Morgan, Royal Dano, Jack Elam, and Chubby Johnson.

Rating: Very Very Good.

3) The Far Country w/ Arthur Kennedy, Rock Hudson, Jay C. Flippen, Harry (Henry) Morgan, and Chubby Johnson.

Rating: Very good.

4) Night Passage w/ Audie Leon Murphy, Dan Duryea, Paul Fix, Hugh Beaumont, Jay C. Flippen and Jack Elam.

Rating: Excellent.

5) The Rare Breed w/ Maureen O'Hara, Brian Keith, Harry Carey Jr, Ben Johnson, Jack Elam and Perry Lopez.

Rating: Started out fine but ended up being pretty boring. Had promise but went downhill.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Hey Carl, didn't Stewart kill Jack Elam in all three of those titles?
    Anyway, I watched "Once Upon a Time in the West". Fonda never looked better. This time Elam got killed by Charles Bronson.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hi Bill, Yessir--and even though I didnt care much for the "Breed" movie, I thought that Jack Elam was in top form as the baddie in it.

• Forgot to mention, since the complete series finally arrived, ive been watching at least 2 hours nightly-of Wanted Dead or Alive episodes. I am very impressed with the series and have yet-in the some 22 episodes ive seen already-to see an episode that wasnt the least a bad episode-even ones without known "faces" in them-are good. However, the Whispering Smith series had few great episodes in it-most were better than OK but, a few were really terrible.

Also, on Steve McQueen. Now I fully understand why he was a Master of Props, and you can clearly see it in many episodes of that series as well as really see him "come to fruit" as a great actor. Even though from what ive even though he really didnt want to do that series-you can easily see that he tried and did his fullest-for that series. I wish it would have lasted longer having he decided to stay with the series. I finished a great episode last night that had James Coburn and Ralph Meeker in it.

Kevin, now I also know why Steve McQueen is a tossup for you against Duke.

• More of: Wanted Dead or Alive and ive seen only one episode so far that wasnt an excellent one-and it was still near excellent. Have seen some 28-odd episodes so far, and all but one have been top notch. I love watching Steve McQueen really "mature and come into his own" as the great actor he was.

• More of: Wanted Dead or Alive. So far ive seen many great guest stars including: James Coburn (twice) Deforrest Kelley (once) More Mills (three times) Sam Buffington (twice) James Best (twice) and so many others-and im still not done with season one just yet.

• Hi

The Last Command with Sterling Hayden and Enest Borgnine to mention only a few the film about the Alamo that John Wayne felt had been written for him and which Herbert Yates at Republic withheld fro him.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• We must think alike, Arthur. I watched the same film last night!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.