What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,371 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "The Professionals" - A classic western from 1966. Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan and Woody Strode were marvelous as were Jack Palance, Ralpn Bellamy and Claudia Cardinale. Loved the photography!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• El Dorado What a great movie. Duke at his best especially those scenes riding. By the way, was his horse a little small for him? I guess the horse was a trick horse, but it seemed that the horse was a little small.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Horse Soldiers This movie is really one to study and figure out what Duke's part is about. I found it interesting how Duke's character was not steady. I'm not talking about his command, but his conscience throughout the movie. By the way, a classic I really enjoy. A John Ford classic.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I fished out an old VHS recording I made from TV in the mid '80s called "The Dragoon Wells Massacre". It was made in the late '50s, in color, and featured Jack Elam, Hank Worden, and Barry Sullivan. It's about a group besieged by Indians. Jack's death scene is a major highlight.
    I doubt anyone, except perhaps "Ringo" Carl has ever heard of this one, let alone seen it. Please post if anyone is familiar with this forgotten film and share your comments.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I fished out an old VHS recording I made from TV in the mid '80s called "The Dragoon Wells Massacre". It was made in the late '50s, in color, and featured Jack Elam, Hank Worden, and Barry Sullivan. It's about a group besieged by Indians. Jack's death scene is a major highlight.
    I doubt anyone, except perhaps "Ringo" Carl has ever heard of this one, let alone seen it. Please post if anyone is familiar with this forgotten film and share your comments.

We deal in lead, friend.

Hi B/ Ive heard of it but never seen it. Do you know what studios released it? Hopefully W.B. or someone like that because it could be released as an on demand title at worst ;-))

Last day and night: Villa Rides-w/ Yul Brynner as that bandit P.V. of whom my Granddad fought against-also had: Robert Mitchum, Herbert Lom & a couple of other recognizable "faces." Near the end of the movie when Mitchum is in a barber shop--I could swear the man he is talking with is an uncredited appearance by: John Ireland? Does anyone know if that is him or not?

Last night was the best for the last of the latest 6 movies I got: They Came To Cordura: w/ Gary Cooper, Dick York, Van Heflin, Richard Conte, Susan Hayward and a few other recognizable "faces."

Now im all bummed out because ill most likely not order anything till May.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• dragoon wells massacre was done by allied artist.it's a great western very underrated.great cast with dennis o keefe,barry sullivan,mona freeman,katy jurado,jack elam.

• "The Professionals" - A classic western from 1966. Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan and Woody Strode were marvelous as were Jack Palance, Ralpn Bellamy and Claudia Cardinale. Loved the photography!

Just watched this one last week, while enjoying Supper.

• Hi

7th Cavalry with Randolph Scott, Harry Carey jnr, Donna Reed, Leo Gordon, Denver Pyle amongst many others.

Completely unbelievable story about a cavalry patrol returning to the Little Big Horn to recover Custer's body.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Ive always wanted to see this one, is it any good?

• Ringo, Seventh is worth a view just to enjoy Randolph Scott, but it's otherwise not memorable.
    Anyway, the last one I watched was "The Long Riders", also with Harry Carey, Jr. in a brief bit.

We deal in lead, friend.