What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,474,096 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Saw two episodes of Marshall Dillon yesterday, one of which puzzled me: Texas Cowboys. There was been a murder in a group of cowboys bringing a herd of longhorns to Dodge. One of them was shot in the back. They all clammed up, and even gave up one of their number for a scapegoat. Dillon knew the guy wasn't guilty.

The murderer got away. :ohmy: I thought Matt Dillon always got his man.

Its interesting to see the name changes to TV series like Gunsmoke depending on where you live? In Germany, it had two names. One of which was something like: Rauchen von der Pistolen. :lol::lol:lol: The rifleman also had at least two names in Germany--one was: Der Mann mit der Gewehr or something like that?

Hogan's Heroes translates into: Our Caged Heroes, and COMBAT--translated into something like: Kampf am Krieg! :lol::lol::lol:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Saw two episodes of Marshall Dillon yesterday, one of which puzzled me: Texas Cowboys. There was been a murder in a group of cowboys bringing a herd of longhorns to Dodge. One of them was shot in the back. They all clammed up, and even gave up one of their number for a scapegoat. Dillon knew the guy wasn't guilty.

The murderer got away. :ohmy: I thought Matt Dillon always got his man.

Oh, Matt got the killer. He was the guy Matt shot in the Long Branch at the end. Unfortunately the guy the wranglers setup for the murder, died from the beating he got.

• Chuck Connors was Mike Connors' dad? I never knew that. Wow. Any day I learn something new is a good day!

Thanks. :wink_smile:

Tis true. He had 4 Sons and I think all of them appeared in episodes of The Rifleman at one time or another. Same here-I dont mind putting another wrinkle in my brain ;-))

• Chuck Conners was NOT Mike Connor's dad!!

Chuck was born in 1921, and Mike Connors (not his real name), was born August 15, 1925 (same birthday as me - 36 years before me!).

He played Mannix. He was also in "Island in the Sky" with JW.

I have no doubt Chuck might have had a son he named Mike, but he wouldn't have been NEAR old enough to play Mannix.

• "The Last Train from Gun Hill' directed by John Sturges. This one teamed Kirk Douglas with Anthony Quinn, which must have made for an interesting lunch break on the set.
    Earl Holliman and Brad Dexter provide great support.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Oh, Matt got the killer. He was the guy Matt shot in the Long Branch at the end. Unfortunately the guy the wranglers setup for the murder, died from the beating he got.

Thanks. I didn't get that from the dialogue. Yes, I know the innocent cook died from his beating. Shame on them.

We're burning moonlight.

• Dunno? That's what I heard in an old Entertainment TV show that I saw that was about Chuck Connors when he passed away, They mentioned that Mannix was his Son....

• I forgot Bill, are you the person who likes Brad Dexter......someone asked me all about him when they saw that I knew his wife Mary and him. KP

"The Last Train from Gun Hill' directed by John Sturges. This one teamed Kirk Douglas with Anthony Quinn, which must have made for an interesting lunch break on the set.
    Earl Holliman and Brad Dexter provide great support.

We deal in lead, friend.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Garden of Evil. Gary Cooper, Richard Widmark and Susan Hayward.
    Epic in every sense: Stunning widescreen cinematography, bombastic score, gorgeous technicolor.
    This is crying out for a Blu ray release if it isn't out already somewhere.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Dunno? That's what I heard in an old Entertainment TV show that I saw that was about Chuck Connors when he passed away, They mentioned that Mannix was his Son....

It appears that you're both correct. Chuck Connors did have a son called Mike, but Mike Connors isn't the same Mike Connors who was in Mannix:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175529/

This is the IMDB listing of Chuck Connors' son, Michael, aka Mike.

I wonder how tall he and his brothers are...?

We're burning moonlight.

• I forgot Bill, are you the person who likes Brad Dexter......someone asked me all about him when they saw that I knew his wife Mary and him. KP

Im a fan of Brad Dexter too. I recently got a double signed photo of him in: None But the Brave as a USMC Sergeant and also signed by Clint Walker--the USMC Captain.

• Hi P, thanks for the info. They might want to tell Bob Costas that correct info--because hes also a huge Chuck Connors fan. ;-)) Before Connors passed away-he was a surprise for Costas on either the Entertainment show or either Costas show? cant rememebr which? but I remember watching it when it first aired as well as watched it on youtube a few months ago.

• Just read as much as I could find on his Sons and is sad to see none are acting--just either Producing or being Grips--whatever they do? which im supposing they move stuff around?????

• Just read as much as I could find on his Sons and is sad to see none are acting--just either Producing or being Grips--whatever they do? which im supposing they move stuff around?????

Don't forget, Duke was a grip in the beginning. Look where he wound up!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Don't forget, Duke was a grip in the beginning. Look where he wound up!

Mark

LOl, right you are Mark. I believe he said one of his first jobs was on Mother MacCree. He had to keep the geese from getting under the "constructed" hill made of 2x4s.....so, he was a "goose herder"! Gotta start somewhere, right, Mark? HAGO, Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE