What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,547 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Will be glad to tell you how RK, if you want. Keith

Hi Mark, I had one at one time but, the day before we moved from Houston to Austin--my brother borrowed my camera--took various shots and then forgot--left it out on a ledge on the outside of the house--and it spent the night and most of the next day (before I thought to ask my brother for my camera) out in the pouring rain. I havent bought another since then. However, my cell phone has a camera and some kind of a cable to hook up to my computer--I was told I cna get pictures off my camera and to the computer--but I have no clue how to do that?

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Will be glad to tell you how RK, if you want. Keith

Sure, just let me know a few days ahead of time and we can arrange a time for me ot be online--as long as its not on Tues-Wed and Thursday because thats when I do Laundry and I go shopping for two elderly ladies who are neighbors of mine. I ride a bus--so that makes it difficult at best.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hondo - Many interesting actors in this film. Geraldine Page's first film, she was excellent as a woman whose husband abandoned her and his son in a dangerous area to drink and gamble. John Wayne came into her life and solved all her problems.

It's a film that shows a more realistic portrayal of the Apache way of life with the POV of the Native American. For that it deserves 4 stars.

We're burning moonlight.

• Backlash. Richard widmark and Donna reed.
    As usual Richard widmark doesn't disappoint in this taught western.
    Also with William 'cannonball' Campbell as johnny cool, great character name!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Wow Keith. That must have been amazing!
    It was the IMAX of its day.
    That would be something to see now.

It was indeed, I watched it several times, along with other epics of the time.
    It was so strange how the screen wrapped slightly around the walls. However the join's were still visible,
    as they were in the VHS release.
    You might find this post interesting
    http://www.dukewayne.com/showpost.php?p=72862&postcount=52

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• It was indeed, I watched it several times, along with other epics of the time.
    It was so strange how the screen wrapped slightly around the walls. However the join's were still visible,
    as they were in the VHS release.
    You might find this post interesting
    http://www.dukewayne.com/showpost.php?p=72862&postcount=52

Thanks Keith, this is indeed the way I first experienced it. Think I have been spoilt as I watched the smilebox version on blu ray and it is absolutely eye popping! My screen is pretty big but that can't compare to what it must have been like.
    I wish John Ford had made more films that way, being the master director he was. How the west was won '3 strip cinerama' and Cheyenne Autumn 'super panavision 70, which was often shown in cinerama cinemas, give us an idea of what The Searchers could have looked like had it been made by MGM in that format.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Me too. I saw it in the original three camera Cinerama format, complete with bisection lines. It was a curved, wrap around screen and from my aisle, I had to sort of shake my head back and forth like watching a tennis match to catch the whole screen.. The three camera lines were really distracting though. The process worked best at the very end when the helicopter pulled back over the LA freeway system. I recall a distinct sense of vertigo.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Heck, I forgot to say that the last western I viewed was "Revolt at Fort Laramie". I have owned the one sheet poster of it for years but had never seen it. Not bad. John Dehner, Don Gordon and an uncredited Harry Dean Stanton as Federal soldiers in a Texan fort that divides into factions due to the outbreak of the Civil War. The catch is: do they hate themselves more than the threatening Indians?

We deal in lead, friend.