What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,457,900 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Heck, I forgot to say that the last western I viewed was "Revolt at Fort Laramie". I have owned the one sheet poster of it for years but had never seen it. Not bad. John Dehner, Don Gordon and an uncredited Harry Dean Stanton as Federal soldiers in a Texan fort that divides into factions due to the outbreak of the Civil War. The catch is: do they hate themselves more than the threatening Indians?

We deal in lead, friend.

Well Gorch, you need to start posting some pics of your collection!
    I know it's a bit of a pain but hell, even I've managed to do a few, lol!
    I've actually been thinking of doing a poster thread to compliment Lasbugas' stills thread. Could that entice you to post! ;)

Regards,
    Peter (Dooley)

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Colorado territory with Joel McRae and Virginia Mayo. Great, great western, sinfully overlooked in my opinion.
    Joel McRae is rapidly going up in my list of favourite western actors as I watch more of his films.

• Would you believe, I actually watched the Cinerama
    version at the cinema when it was released!!

keith,that was amazing to see it in cinerama.u saw it as it was meant to be seen.it's so lost watching it on tv that you dont get the real scope of the film.

• King and four queens.
    Starring Clarke Gable, directed by Raoul Walsh, as was Colorado territory I watched a few days ago.
    Damn that guy could direct, and with only one eye! The scenery is stunning in widescreen and colour.

• Well Gorch, you need to start posting some pics of your collection!
    I know it's a bit of a pain but hell, even I've managed to do a few, lol!
    I've actually been thinking of doing a poster thread to compliment Lasbugas' stills thread. Could that entice you to post! ;)

Regards,
    Peter (Dooley)

Hi Dooley, He has posted some--and sent me loads by snail mail and email. You will be blown away by what he has ;-)) I credit him as getting me back to collecting movies images too and also he's like a Mentor for me on collecting them ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Silver Lode, rated in the BFI book of westerns as one to see.
    They weren't wrong! Very good indeed, didn't know the lead but some familiar face in there.
    Could do with being remastered as it's suffering on the quality front.

• Don't know if this counts,but Wagon Train....The Andrew Hale Story. Excellent episode with John McIntyre long before he took over the actual Wagon Master's job after Ward's death. Super Story and showcases not only Ward but Charlie,(Frank McGrath), and Bill,(Terry Wilson), also. Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Don't know if this counts,but Wagon Train....The Andrew Hale Story. Excellent episode with John McIntyre long before he took over the actual Wagon Master's job after Ward's death. Super Story and showcases not only Ward but Charlie,(Frank McGrath), and Bill,(Terry Wilson), also. Keith

Yes, that counts! I have never watched these. I missed them growing up obviously.