What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,530 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I one had a sizable collection. The first time I had about 12 boxes full fo comics--but someone stole everything I had except for the War and Western stuff. I knew h=who did it but couldnt prove it. I then kept collecting and soon had about 8 or so boxes of comics. Those too got pinched when I was out of town--and stran gely enough--they left all my War and Western comics. I still have that one box of War and Western comics==and most of those are worth a hefty amount these days.

I never had tons from earlier years except for war comics-since they were cheap and almost nobody wanted them. The oldest comic I had was Captain America Comics Nr 25--which was from WWII and showed the Cap besting Hitler on somehting. That book was worth a lot of moolah at the time I got it and probably has quadrupled in value since then. It was in Very Fine to near mint condition. Some fo the oldest and best SUperhero stuff i had was a mint copy of the last 80-or-100 Page Giant--Batman comic and it too was near mint. Then I had the 2nd appearance of the Silver Age Green lantern--it was in near mint condition. Then I also had Daredevil Nr 2--mint--Fantastic Four number 3? near mint, several copies of Amazing Spiderman Nr 120 (first appearances of The Punisher) all mint copies. I also had a copy of Amazing Fantasy Nr 15--which was the first appearance of Spiderman. The book I had could be graded at a fine to very fine. I paid $115 and some trades for ti. I sold it afew weeks later for $1000.qTHE PERSON i SOLD IT TO SOLD IT FOR $5,000--LAST i HEARD and in less than 6 months after I sold it--it sold for $25,000. I now wish I had kept it because that price was the price for it back in 1989.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• What, no Kid Colt comics? I still have a few of mine. I also have a Jonah Hex and a Two Gun Kid. Never was into the Super Heroes, though.

Mark

I THINK I had soem Kid Colt? cant rememebr. Most of the Westerns I had were from DC Comics--and the rest cept for a few from marvel--were from Charlton Comics. Oh and, once I did have a nice Dell copy 1st print--of McLintock.

• I one had a sizable collection. The first time I had about 12 boxes full fo comics--but someone stole everything I had except for the War and Western stuff. I knew h=who did it but couldnt prove it. I then kept collecting and soon had about 8 or so boxes of comics. Those too got pinched when I was out of town--and stran gely enough--they left all my War and Western comics. I still have that one box of War and Western comics==and most of those are worth a hefty amount these days.

I never had tons from earlier years except for war comics-since they were cheap and almost nobody wanted them. The oldest comic I had was Captain America Comics Nr 25--which was from WWII and showed the Cap besting Hitler on somehting. That book was worth a lot of moolah at the time I got it and probably has quadrupled in value since then. It was in Very Fine to near mint condition. Some fo the oldest and best SUperhero stuff i had was a mint copy of the last 80-or-100 Page Giant--Batman comic and it too was near mint. Then I had the 2nd appearance of the Silver Age Green lantern--it was in near mint condition. Then I also had Daredevil Nr 2--mint--Fantastic Four number 3? near mint, several copies of Amazing Spiderman Nr 120 (first appearances of The Punisher) all mint copies. I also had a copy of Amazing Fantasy Nr 15--which was the first appearance of Spiderman. The book I had could be graded at a fine to very fine. I paid $115 and some trades for ti. I sold it afew weeks later for $1000.qTHE PERSON i SOLD IT TO SOLD IT FOR $5,000--LAST i HEARD and in less than 6 months after I sold it--it sold for $25,000. I now wish I had kept it because that price was the price for it back in 1989.

Prices on comics is insane! I've ever ventured down that road, only bought a handful I liked the covers of.
    As I stated I've collected more on the old memorabilia front from the 40s 50s like saalfield puzzles, superman tim club stuff etc.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Prices on comics is insane! I've ever ventured down that road, only bought a handful I liked the covers of.
    As I stated I've collected more on the old memorabilia front from the 40s 50s like saalfield puzzles, superman tim club stuff etc.

THEY are insane these days. That's part of the reason I no longer are interestred in them. Cover prices for new editions ar around $3.50

• Watched Cat Ballou, was a fun Western comedy, though the whole cast did well, as good as Marvin was I was very surprised that he won best actor for that role, especially considering the times Duke was overlooked, if Marvin deserved an Oscar for that then Duke should have had two for Mclintock. Was good fun all the same and Jane Fonda was very easy on the eyes, though she did look alot like her father!

• Watched Cat Ballou, was a fun Western comedy, though the whole cast did well, as good as Marvin was I was very surprised that he won best actor for that role, especially considering the times Duke was overlooked, if Marvin deserved an Oscar for that then Duke should have had two for Mclintock. Was good fun all the same and Jane Fonda was very easy on the eyes, though she did look alot like her father!

That was probably my Dad's favorite western. I have always enjoyed it and can even overlook Fonda's politics because it's just fun.

• Soon my last western watched will be: McLintock. I finally found a non-public domain made version--which also came with The High and the Mighty and Island In the Sky.

• Soon my last western watched will be: McLintock. I finally found a non-public domain made version--which also came with The High and the Mighty and Island In the Sky.

I'm sure you'll enjoy these a lot more when you watch them properly, I really struggle with the public domain stuff, if the quality is really off it spoils a good part of the enjoyment for me.

• Walt Disney's "Davy Crockett and the River Pirates" with my grandson who is isolated from school due to the croup (whatever that is).

Jeff York as Mike Fink and Kenneth Tobey as Jocko somehow manage to steal this from Fess and Buddy. Grand Larceny, first degree.

My daughter called tonight to complain that her son won't stop singing "I'm Mike Fink, King of the River". That makes up for the years of abuse I suffered from hearing "My Little Pony".

We deal in lead, friend

• Brilliant! Keep it up Gorch. We need to get the new Western recruits early!

• I'm sure you'll enjoy these a lot more when you watch them properly, I really struggle with the public domain stuff, if the quality is really off it spoils a good part of the enjoyment for me.

I cant stand how they print most of those public domain movies, the sound and picture usually is CARP. The only cheapo company making DvDs these days that I can half-way stand is Mill Creek--the rest like Alpha Video and the others--really are schlecht--VERI schlecht--Alpha is the worst of the lot. Timeless Media is about the 2nd worst.

• I got that Davy Crockett 2-movie set a couple years ago. I dont care if they are more geared towards the younger folks--I love em. I agree--Jeff York and Kenneth Tobey were VERY good.

Oh and, just be greatful that you didnt have to put up with Pee Wees Big Adventure--like I had to every time my Nephews spent the weekend. To see that guy and hear his voice still grates on my nerves. YUKKKKK.