What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,318 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Pillars of the Sky has arrived today!

Looking forward to watching this one after all the comments posted about it.

You better watch it--its a great movie. I cant wait to see it as its been at least 30 years since I last saw even a part of it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I just saw part of a movie called: Predators????? I dont know who any of the actors were who are in it cept for lawrence fishburn (SP?) Anyway, a group of people somehow I geuss get kidnapped by a Predator and sent to some planet they control and are put into a Game Reserve and are slowly hunted down and chopped it itty bits and pieces. It was OK at best and I kinda liked the idea behind the story but--it doesnt even come anywhere as close to being as good as the first Predator movie with: Ahnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura and others.

• I just saw part of a movie called: Predators????? I dont know who any of the actors were who are in it cept for lawrence fishburn (SP?) Anyway, a group of people somehow I geuss get kidnapped by a Predator and sent to some planet they control and are put into a Game Reserve and are slowly hunted down and chopped it itty bits and pieces. It was OK at best and I kinda liked the idea behind the story but--it doesnt even come anywhere as close to being as good as the first Predator movie with: Ahnold Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura and others.

It was Predators and you are right not a patch on Predator with Arnie et al.

Predator and the Terminator are hands down my favourite Schwarzenegger films.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Man From Laramie w/ James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy, Alex Nicol, Donald Crisp and Jack Elam.

Great shot of the general ;-))

Ambushed by Alex Nicol:

The General and the Donald:

The Donald and the Kennedy:

Great shot of the Brigadier:

The Jailbird General:

Great shot of a great Actor:

Uh OH!!!! I stepped into a big deep pile of it this time: :lol:

I think Keith will like this art:

The """Ike Jacket""" that the General wore in the movie:

James Stewart was The Man From Laramie:

Jack Elam: Monday Nov 13-1916-to-Monday Oct-20-2003.

• It was Predators and you are right not a patch on Predator with Arnie et al.

Predator and the Terminator are hands down my favourite Schwarzenegger films.

Thanks and same here with the addition of Red Heat & Raw Deal. Loved all those movies.

• Carl, super great post of the Man From Laramie. And my being a great Jimmy fan, can't wait to see this........may have seen it when I was movie going in my teens, but not sure. I will certainly appreciate it more now. Thanks for the "write up" on it. I think that is the way all the What Western and What Non-Western posts should be. Shouldn't just say what you watched...but put SOMETHING in them that tells about if you like them, a tiny bit about what they were like, etc. Great job Kiddo. Thanks for the shots put in for me. I got your CDs and the other present you sent me.....An oversize 8x10 of the cast of Duke's Alamo........this is the one I will use the curly Maple to build a frame for. I am already at work on the four CDs you sent, and hope to have one on Photobucket all ready to post tonight, so you can play with it tomorrow at the DQ! Your voice sounds MUCH better, and hope you ALL win at Bingo tonight. Just remember to blow the whistle instead of hollering...or you will lose what you have regained of your voice, LOL! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Carl, super great post of the Man From Laramie. And my being a great Jimmy fan, can't wait to see this........may have seen it when I was movie going in my teens, but not sure. I will certainly appreciate it more now. Thanks for the "write up" on it. I think that is the way all the What Western and What Non-Western posts should be. Shouldn't just say what you watched...but put SOMETHING in them that tells about if you like them, a tiny bit about what they were like, etc. Great job Kiddo. Thanks for the shots put in for me. I got your CDs and the other present you sent me.....An oversize 8x10 of the cast of Duke's Alamo........this is the one I will use the curly Maple to build a frame for. I am already at work on the four CDs you sent, and hope to have one on Photobucket all ready to post tonight, so you can play with it tomorrow at the DQ! Your voice sounds MUCH better, and hope you ALL win at Bingo tonight. Just remember to blow the whistle instead of hollering...or you will lose what you have regained of your voice, LOL! KEITH

Thank you on all accounts maam ;-)) I enjoy digging pix to put with movies I watched. Ive had a few folks here and on other sites send me emails and PMs telling me that because of the pix added--they bought the movie ;-)) I'll make converts of most to classic movies before I expire ;-))

Glad you liked the cast shot and posters and such ;-)) I figgered that Dorf might give you soemthing to watch during Thanksgiving instead of boring football. :lol::lol:
    Ill be doing a little toying around before i leave. I have to be out of here by or before 7PM your time for Bingo night Nr 2. However, this week since all my family is out of town--ill eb doing Bingo on Thursday Evening both sessions which means--7 PM and 9PM sessions and all the bingo games are for $500 each.

I almost won twice last night. One was for $500 the other was for $700. What happened on the $700 was my number came up next but was not called when someone yelled BINGO--so they beat me out of it. In order to win--they have to actually call your number out before you can yell bingo. The $500 one I only needed one number--but it never came up even though many numbers were called that were 1-2 numbers above or below mine.

I need a new pair of glasses, a new bed, a new TV and a DVD recorder/VHS player--plus a new Handgun--not necessarily in that order--the Gun is most important of all :lol;:lol:

• I could NOT, for the life of me, figure out how a movie so jam-packed with talent - Cooper, Heflin, Heyward, Conte, and Robert Keith - could be SO badly messed up!

From the camera work, the horrible editing, Tab Hunter, and the fact that GC didn't shoot Heflin AND Hunter at least 6 times each...this is a turkey.

Lastly, and I promise I'll shut up about THIS loser: why is there a comment in the John Wayne trivia section on IMDb (it USED to be there, anyway) about JW complaining about the "homosexual" overtones in this "movie?"

There was NOTHING related to that subject matter at ALL...

• OK...I just perused the trivia section of TCTC, and in the trivia section, it mentioned JW's objection to this film (and "Suddenly, Last Summer), and spoke of tbe "implied" relationship between GC's character and TH's character.

Unless I missed something (and I'm a pretty sharp guy!), there was NOTHING about the interaction between them that would even give a hint of this.

Anyone else able to get through this snoozer with enough awareness to pick up on what (per the trivia sections) is apparently obvious, please let me know.