What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,466,843 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hawkskill: do you remember this Girl? Big Jim

Wow, BJ, who would ever have believed she would turn into THAT! Amazing transformance. She was the young girl on the streetcar who JB Books talked to on the way to his last shootout. Very nice, but I think we need this to be in the new thread....something about seniors. Not supposed to talk about things like this in the thread........let's just say you watched The Shootist last. OK, see you over there.......interested to find out about this pic! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Big Jim - she's played on "The Young and the Restless" for MANY years, but in The Shootist, she was the young lady on the trolley to whom JW's character "Books" gave his ornate cushion.

Yep, answered him in the New thread we are supposed to use for things like this. Check it out, Russ. KEITH

• Big Jim - she's played on "The Young and the Restless" for MANY years, but in The Shootist, she was the young lady on the trolley to whom JW's character "Books" gave his ornate cushion.

Also, JB gave the cushion to the driver and told the young lady he hoped the right man would come along. KEITH

• Wow, BJ, who would ever have believed she would turn into THAT! Amazing transformance. She was the young girl on the streetcar who JB Books talked to on the way to his last shootout. Very nice, but I think we need this to be in the new thread....something about seniors. Not supposed to talk about things like this in the thread........let's just say you watched The Shootist last. OK, see you over there.......interested to find out about this pic! KEITH

EK changed the name to The Members Thread, I think.....sorry, but there are big beautiful pics on there...go look. Keith

Edited once, last by Hawkswill: wrong name, sorry ().

• The Texans with good old Randolph Scott, didn't let me down, good little western.
    A double bill of westerns, went straight into California starting Ray Milland, Barbara Stanwyck and a very young Anthony Quinn, not bad either!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Cowboy Cavalier w/ Jimmy Wakely and Dub "Cannonball" Taylor. Not bad for a run of the mill "B" Western.

The set this movie came in--gee??? I wonder if Peter (DOOLEY) will recognize this one? ;-))

Gettin the drop on the bandits:

Gettin the drop on the Gold Prospecter:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Stills are really nice Carl, are they yours?
    I just couldn't get past the singing cowboy bits!
    Glad you enjoyed them.

Images aint mine--just borrowed from Google ;-)) I guess he was OK at singing--not bad and better than me as I cant sing a sour note :lol: Ill take this stuff over almost anything new anytime any day. The stuff churned out these days is nothing but garbage with rare exceptions. I hate to see what will be on screen in 10 years time.

• Please let me reword my previous post. I read that Hawkskill watched "The Shootist" and then the same day I received the autographed picture and poster from Melody. In my haist to share it with you all, not thinking, I just responded to Hawkskill's post below..........

"The Shootist, again......
    Wagon Train Episode, the Major Adams Story, (two Parter). KEITH"

I will remember next time, as I agree that there should be an order to the posting. This is what makes this web community the "Greatist" around. By the By I just, today, received two signed pictures and posters from Lauren Bacall. I will share these with all of you as I rewatch these wonderful John Wayne films. Thanks, Big Jim

• Sorry I forgot the title but, just watched the 4th installment of a Jimmy Wakely and Dub "Cannonball" Taylor Western today. Its the first one on disc 2 of the first volume of the Monogram Westerns Collections. This one by far--I think was the best so far. They seem to get better with each Western.