What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,467,511 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I almost picked up the first season yesterday but--I got Rawhide instead. Also, back in 81, I visited Fort Courage. It was not complete when they used it in the series and most of it is till there-or was when we breezed through on our way to Victorville California.

ringo thats so cool to visit that location.i didnt know it was made in victorville thanks for the information.it's a great series.it's a pity that they only made 2 seaons it should have made more.

• ringo thats so cool to visit that location.i didnt know it was made in victorville thanks for the information.it's a great series.it's a pity that they only made 2 seaons it should have made more.

Oops, what I was meaning was that F Troop was made in Huachuaua Arizona, but that the Roy Rogers Museum was in Victorville, Calif ;-)) Sorry if I didnt post it easier. Oh and--Fort Courage still looks like today, what it looked like in 81. A friend fo mine on another site showed me some photos he took--which was when they visited it last year sometime--and still looked as I remembered. I THINK I still have a bumper sticker I bought there that said "Home of "F" Troop" Fort Courage, Arizona.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The first episode of Maverick, i'm a huge James Garner fan and really think this show might be exactly what i'm looking for. Will take a lot of work to keep the future episode quality up to this one. Bit apprehensive about when Jack Kelly joins the show aswell.

From what I've seen so far, Jack Kelly performs admirably.

I like the character of Bret Maverick better also but have to admit that old Bart stars in some very good episodes.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched the 2nd episode of Maverick, was very good and Garner was hugely entertaining as always, they have just the right mix of comedy and serious action so it doesn't drift too far too one side. These kind of remind me of Duke's early B Westerns in that the story is fairly predictable, good guy, love interest and a some bad guy/business in a town but I enjoy them all the same, perfect for when you don't feel like watching a whole movie. Read lately that Garner's health is really poor and he hasn't long left, he's 85 but it will still be shame to lose him.

• This evening I watched this episode of "Maverick" which was the first time Roger Moore appeared in the series.

Old Roger looked like he was about 18 years old (he was actually about 30) but as usual, turned in a great performance.

Roger Moore has always been one of my favorite performers; he was even one of my favorite Bonds.

• Watched the 2nd episode of Maverick, was very good and Garner was hugely entertaining as always, they have just the right mix of comedy and serious action so it doesn't drift too far too one side. These kind of remind me of Duke's early B Westerns in that the story is fairly predictable, good guy, love interest and a some bad guy/business in a town but I enjoy them all the same, perfect for when you don't feel like watching a whole movie. Read lately that Garner's health is really poor and he hasn't long left, he's 85 but it will still be shame to lose him.

Believe it or not, Irish, but back in the Thirties, when Garner was a young boy, he used to come by my great-grandmother's house in Norman, Oklahoma on Halloween Trick-or-Treating. He and his family lived just a few blocks from where my great grandparents lived.

• This evening I watched a Season 2 episode of "Maverick" which featured old "Make My Day" Clint.

What was weird was the credits segment showing the players' names. Clint was 5th or 6th down the list. Bet that doesn't happen much anymore.

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().

• Big fan of Garner here. I also suggest--besides The Great Escape--but: 36 Hours, Darbys Rangers, Duel At Diablo, Tank and Murphy's Romance. And I hate--99% of all romance movies.

• Roger Moore is my favourite Bond look forward to see him popping up in Maverick. I do believe it Stumpy and that's a great story, thanks for sharing!

Ditto on that for me too. I love Connery but-_Roger Moore seems to put more into his Bonds. I grew up watching both every time they came on.

• This evening I watched this Second-Season episode of "Maverick" with Jack Kelly and the gorgeous Julie Adams. Thoroughly enjoyable. In fact, this whole second season of the original "Maverick" has had some of the most enjoyable television I've watched in many a year.