What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,996 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,542,383 times. The latest Post () was by ZS_Maverick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Vera Cruz - fine western with Gary Cooper and Burt Lancaster.
    Regards,
    Senta

Vera Cruz is one of my favs. Cesar Romero was good as well as Jack Elam, Ernest Borgnine, Charles Bronson and several other recognizable "faces." Been awhile since I last watched this, I think i'll dig it up out of one of the boxes and play it again. BTW, this was my first Gary Cooper on DvD I bought.

Thanks for watching this and reminding me Vera :thumbs_up: :russia:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• this was my first Gary Cooper on DvD I bought.

Thanks for watching this and reminding me Vera :thumbs_up: :russia:

Hi Carl,
    By the way it was my first Gary Cooper film I ever seen. And to say truth he didn't impress me much at that time. I was impressed by High Noon when first saw it at TV, but began really like him after Sergant York.
    Now I like Vera Cruz much more. I think it was brilliant idea to cast Cooper opposite Burt Lancaster. And of course many familiar faces add much too.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Watched: "Jubal" last night. This was a pretty good Western, which had: Ernest Borgnine (just after making the film: Marty and or being nominated for an award) Glenn Ford, Charles Bronson, Jack Elam, and a couple of other well-known "faces" whose names escape me at this time. Pretty nice movie. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• JUBAL a very fine western version of OTHELLO. also in the cast is rod steiger who played MARTY in a live tv version before the movie was made which brognine won the oscar.:wink_smile:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• JUBAL a very fine western version of OTHELLO. also in the cast is rod steiger who played MARTY in a live tv version before the movie was made which brognine won the oscar.:wink_smile:

Hi BillofPA, thanks for this. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I always have been a fan of Rod Steigers. I'm surprised that I could not think of his name.

I watched most of Marty, missing part of the beginning but, I thoroughly enjoyed that film. This is one (and also including Jubal) that i'd like to have in my DvD collection.

• Watching McLintock on TCM right now. Big Jake is coming on next. A good way to spend a Friday night.

Ditto to these two movies :thumbs_up: Watched those then fell asleep watching something else.

This morning on TCM, as it is Spencer Tracy Day, I watched: Northwest Passage. Great movie with him, Robert Young and Walter Brennan. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

This movie NEEDS to be released on DvD. I know the series is but the movie aint.