And I Thought I Lived In An Area Where

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,568 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :angry: Local thugs "tag" local Veterans Memorials by spray-painting gang signs on them. This disgusting thing happened sometime yesterday. Just two or so weeks ago, and at taxpayers expence, the long-neglected Nueces County Veterans Memorial; was re-dedicated by some Gold-Star Mothers. Names of those killed in both Gulf Wars and in other actions, had just been added to this memorial to honor them. Oh...but this is not the only recent case of some jerks going out and desecrating War memorials:

Just two weeks ago in the small City of Robstown, an American flag was stolen from their local memorial.

About a week ago, the American flags that were at the Vets Memorial in the small city of Rockport, were also stolen.

Less than a week ago, both American flags that were at the Veterans Memorial at Sherrill Park (Named after a local Navy man who was killed in action at Pearl Harbor) were stolen. The veterans group who looks after the up-keeping of Sherrill Park is vowing to keep replacing the American flags there until these punks are arrested. :angry::angry:

On the above disgusting event that happened here yesterday, there was a Vietnam War Veteran who was weeping at the dishonoring of these brave soldiers killed in battle. I, like this Vietnam Vet, just cannot fathom why some punk could do this kind of thing? I guess it is akin to jerks who break into and steal from Churches (sadly which also has been happening around here a lot lately) :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Carl,
    It is desperately disturbing, that we have these sad people around,
    I am sorry that this sickness, has hit your neighbourhood.
    Perhaps we should send them off to police, Iraq,and bring the good guys home,
    then maybe, and I mean maybe, their attitudes might change???

Best Wishes, My friend,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith. Thanks mate, I agree, I think these thugs need to go to "school" in Iraq. I have never been able to understand those who do these things. When I was younger and had several neighborhood kids to hang around with, we never did anything near that bad. In fact, the worst we ever did was to toiler-paper my next door neighbors house. I don't think that even this could be considered nothing more than a bother.

The only other thing I can think of that we did that might have been irritating to someone else was: after Christmas was over, we would go around the neighborhood collecting tossed-out Christmas trees which were always placed in the alley for trash collection. Many times these trees would stay in the alley for months. Well, along the alley on my block, there was an abandoned garage. We used to collect the trees and take them into the garage and stack the trees in such a way that they actually made a neat "fort" but to the untrained eye--just looked like a bunch of Christmas trees thrown into the garage.

After school, we'd all meet in this garage and climb into our "fort" and drink a can of soda and chew bubblegum.

I don't know but I guess those who did the damage on those memorials must have never had a normal childhood of anykind.

Take care my friend--C.

• :angry::angry::angry::angry::headbonk::headbonk:

That about sums up my feelings. Atleast the ones that I can write down that is. What a bunch of jerks!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Thanks Todd, me too.

When they are found, I hope the Judge gives them at least 1,000 hours of community service. I bet they will never do this type a thing again--or at least to memorials and such.

• These people doing these things have no idea what the words courage, honor. and commitment to your country mean or they would do these disrespectful things to our fallen heroes monuments. Maybe instead of community service they should be sentenced to service to their country.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• hi all

just a thought maybe these egits would show and have more respect for those who have fallen in the service of their countries if they saw their politions children serving for their country instead being kept in some safe place. i also think if this was true then these same people who are so eager to send our young people who choose to serve their counties of to war or as they like to sometimes call them "police actions" it would maybe make them think twice about doing it as it would mean that their own children could be also put in dangers way but then again they could have them put in safe 'behind the lines' postings

we have had some of these problems like this down under but i have to say they are few and far between and there is a great deal made about these sorts of disrespect for our fallen on all forms of media.

hope that they catch those who did this and soon

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello Baby Sis, Smokey, I agree with both of you wonderful Ladies on what you say on this.

You know, I do know that not too long ago-the military did take in some of these who were basically "told" to join the military -- or go to jail, that in doing this, did indeed turn them into better people. A friend of mine who used to get into some minor trouble when he was younger, had this happen to him. He had been before Juvenile Court so many times and before the same Judge that he was ordered to join the Navy or that the next time he was busted for something--that he would be sent to prison.

Well, this was back in 1985, my friend entered service with the US Navy and quickly began to earn rank. Hans has now been in for a bit over 20 years, is a Senior NCO, married with three children; and already close to retirement.

Take care Ladies-Cheers--C. :)

• :D:D Good news, good news, the thugs have been caught. This happened yesterday and they will be telling more about it in the news this evening and i'll relay it here on my next chance to visit here.

• Ditto.....

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Hi Keith, Baby Sis,

Thank you Mate and My dear.

All they said in the news yesterday was that the veterans offered a $5,000 Dollar reward for info leading to their capture. Well, they caught a 20 year old by the name of michael martinez jr. One of the local TV stations here said that what they were told the reason why this jerk did the crime was his way to protest the war in Iraq as well as he hated veterans. :angry: I don't mind someone protesting the war as it is their right to do so but, I cannot tolerate someone who never served in the military--hating Veterans. Another news station said there was another who is being looked for but apparently he is under 18 and they can't give out his name as a "juvenile." IMO, if this "juvenile" is old enough to do a crime, this "juvenile" is also old enough to have the name known.

Hopefully more will be said in the news tonight.

• Hi Carl,
    One could take your greeting, that,
    I mean more to you, than I thought!!! HA HA!

Your mate and 'Dear',
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• :D Hi Keith, Ooooooops, I fergot to add the "s" as I guess my age is catching up to me and becoming more ~n~ more fergetful. I don't think Baby Sis will mind though? :D

PS, Ha ha, don't let your wife read these posts.

Take care mate--C.