There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,569 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am running a competition on my UK site :D

For the 1st comp I thought a short fictional story might be fun, below is a "taster"

For more details click on link:

http://www.forumage.com/index.php?mforum=chisum

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ONE HELL OF A NIGHT !!

by John Henry

---------------------------------------

Its 7.45 pm as my taxi screechings to a halt at dockside, great, 15 minutes late!
    I quickly board a small boat which is being used to ferry guests out to JWs yacht moored a mile offshore, as we approach I can see the party has started, guests milling about on the rear deck
    The boat pulls alongside steps leading up to the deck, I am just 3 rungs from stepping on board when there is a massive bang and something whistles just over my head, I nearly "fill" my pants, with pure terror I look up, standing there with a huge grin was Duke himself, he lowers a hand and pulls me onboard
    "what the hell was that" I said still shaking
    That my friend was a cannonball and it nearly took your goddamn head off said Duke, it signals dinner is about to served and moreover you are late!

Sorry Mr. Wayne, traffic was murder I explained
    Aww forget it john and call me Duke!
    With a hand on my shoulder he led into the dining room where the guests had already been seated
    Okay everybody I would like to introduce you all to my friend from England said Duke he goes by the same name as me - John
    Good evening I said, I am pleased to meet you
    Duke walked behind each guest and began introductions
    First of all John, I would like to introduce John Ford or coach as I call him said Duke
    Next is Lee, if you want to keep on his good side I suggest you dont ask him about his war wound laughed Duke
    Next is Ward, we go way back
    This is the best looking gal I have ever seen, Maureen O Hara said Duke gently patting her shoulder
    Okay said Duke now we all know one another lets eat!

Windage & Elevation Miss. Langdon Windage & Elevation

• Hi Chester

Yes, sometimes stories can be good fun :D

By the way, I sent you a PM yesterday have you read it?

Regards

John

Windage & Elevation Miss. Langdon Windage & Elevation