How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 937,528 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• the european beaurocrats keep trying to make us change but we won t be beaten on it - you can still go into a supermarket/greengrocers and buy a pound of apples, potatoes, ham or whatever and i was watching a programme earlier today where they were measuring footballers in feet and inches - never let them grind you down :teeth_smile:

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• belting it down with rain tonight but there's still a lot of fireworks going off round here

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• the european beaurocrats keep trying to make us change but we won t be beaten on it - you can still go into a supermarket/greengrocers and buy a pound of apples, potatoes, ham or whatever and i was watching a programme earlier today where they were measuring footballers in feet and inches - never let them grind you down :teeth_smile:

I love it that at least some people in the UK are ignoring the dictates coming out of the EU.

I'm a strong believer in nationalism. I think every country is unique and should stay that way. Keep defending your God-given sovereignty and ignore those clowns in Belgium.

I personally would love to see the UN dissolved. Or failing that, I wish the US would withdraw from that organization and kick their butts out of my country.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Stumpy,
    The Sooner the U.N. Gets the Hell out of The U.S.A., The Better !
    :devil_smile:
    I would like to see The Good Old Days in The U.S.A. back when Men Were Men and The Woman Were Woman Just Like in the Old West !!
    (bud)

And let the Rest of The World Go Their own Way And Just like Duke would always Say "The U.S. For The U.S.A. And Don't Get Into My Pocket To Save The Rest Of World !!!"
    :vampire:
    Bill
    :teeth_smile:

• Ok Stumpy, Now that I have Got that Off My Chest, How is the Weather In Good Old Texas my Second Home, it has Cooled Down a Bit here in Arizona !
    :teeth_smile:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

We've cooled quite a bit here too, Bill. In fact, around 6:00 AM, which is usually around the time I start stirring, it's downright chilly outside (probably somewhere in the 40s).

This is my favorite time of year for weather - bright sunshine but chill temperatures. Very invigorating.

• I love it that at least some people in the UK are ignoring the dictates coming out of the EU.

I'm a strong believer in nationalism. I think every country is unique and should stay that way. Keep defending your God-given sovereignty and ignore those clowns in Belgium.

I personally would love to see the UN dissolved. Or failing that, I wish the US would withdraw from that organization and kick their butts out of my country.

personally, i would like us to be allowed a referendum to decide if we should stay in europe or not but whichever party gets in, they say no to a referendum, i assume, because they are scared of what the result will be - anyway it is raining again here today so after a week of nice weather, normal service has been resumed

Hooked on The Duke

• Just put the fire on its baltic! Been stood outside playing my tuba at Annans rememberence sunday parade ,it did start raining halfway through Brrrrrr!!
    Sad to see that the number of veterans is getting smaller every year.

• Hi

Five minutes ago it was absolutely chucking it down now its stopped. Which is great as I have to go to the post office to pick up the Franklin Mint Globe and get the shopping done.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Morning Arthur,just seen the weather forecast on BBC and it looks like rain down south for you most of the day (sorry) and i think we are getting it later this afternoon.
    Its dry and mild here now but not for long.
    luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Here in John Wayne Country it Has Turn Off COLD and there going to be Snow in The High Country at Duke's Old 26 Bar Ranch and at
    William where Duke's New Museum is at !
    :ohmy:
    Where in the Hell is Torquay ?
    :stunned:
    Here I always tought You Lived in "Tombstone in Duke Country !!!"
    (bud)

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Hi Ned

Yes you're right. it has been raining here most of the day. Lucky have managed to dodge the really heavy stuff.

William

Torquay is in Devon England a very beautiful part of the country with great beaches, palm trees and fabulous moors. A lot of people go there when they retire because the weather is so good.

If you look on a map of the southern part of England I live in Hampshire then you have Dorset and then Devon & Cornwall then the next stop is the US of A.

Geographical distances have never been my strong point but I suppose Kieth and I live about 250 miles apart give or take a few miles. In American terms I suppose that would make us neighbours.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Kieth and I live about 250 miles apart give or take a few miles. In American terms I suppose that would make us neighbours.

Not really, Art. Even in Texas which, as you know, is pretty big, 250 miles is a far piece to travel. For instance, our oldest son lives almost exactly 250 miles from his Mom and Dad and we manage to drive down to see him maybe twice a year. At our ages, those miles seem to get longer and longer. :wink:

When I was 25 or 30 years old, I thought nothing of driving 8 or 9 hundred miles to visit my parents quite often but sure can't do it any more.

• arthur - is devon really 250 miles from where you are? living in the north, we tend to think everywhere in the south is "close" - we are, for instance, 118 miles from derby, 243 miles from london (and that takes us nearly 5 hours to get there, allowing for traffic in birmingham) i remember driving back from a holiday in france and we were tired and lost and did a round tour of bournemouth, portsmouth and southampton before we even found our motorway north

anyway, today, again has been beautiful - cold and sunny, just how an autumn day should be

Hooked on The Duke