How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,771 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi all

It's sunshine today, but as I'm heading
    out later without the car, I will take an
    umbrella, just in case! ;) :lol:

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• It is Clear as a Bell here in Central Arizona and is staying about 80 Deg. F. :)

I am heading back over to the 26 Bar Ranch Tomorrow and one of the Cowboys told me that Temp. was at about 70 Deg. F. and everything was getting Very Green. It should make for a great Flight over to the Ranch. :rolleyes:

Emmanuel; What is a Umbrella? Is that anything like a Large Brimmed Western Cowboy Hat? :lol: :cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

Bill :cowboy:

• Hello All
    Further q of Chillibil re Brolly Of E, is the umbrella mandatory equiptment in the Emerald Isle? It rains so frequently ( in season ) here on the Coast that unless it is heavy rain a lot of people just put up with it sans either umbrella or Stetson. murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Well it's been nice and cold here over the last few days, it was even colder down at Tamworth at the Quarter Horse Nationals. It's starting to warm up a bit now though, which is good, although I think I'll be lying down for most of it, after tying up a Droughtmaster heifer(one of my show cattle) I was breaking in yesterday(we're not done yet) and ending up between her head and the fence and now I've got a big bruise on my ribs, oh well I'll be right. Redcap I live about 2 minutes away from Akky Dam, in Lockyer Waters if you know where that is.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hi all.

Three days of sunshine!!! B) B)
    The umbrella is now gathering dust! ;)

Bill, when I come next year, a cowboy
    hat is at the top of the must buy list. :cowboy::cowboy:

Murray, while not mandatory, they do
    come in handy more times than we'd like. :P

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

• Tuesday, we broke a record at 95 degrees and yesterday, we got to 97 degrees (not a record in this case). The last eight months, the monthly averages have been anywhere from 3 to 5 degrees above normal. It looks to be a long, HOT summer around here :wacko::dead::agent:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@May 11 2006, 10:47 AM
    Tuesday, we broke a record at 95 degrees and yesterday, we got to 97 degrees (not a record in this case). The last eight months, the monthly averages have been anywhere from 3 to 5 degrees above normal. It looks to be a long, HOT summer around here :wacko::dead::agent:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

[snapback]31174[/snapback]

Aint THAT the truth Jay.

(SIGH)

Yesterday, May 10th, started out as a VERY hot n steamy day. I had to go pay some bills and do some shopping yesterday.

Here goes the long story.

My friend and I left at about 11:00 am to go pay bills and such. The first stop was Dollar General--so he could get stuff and I could get some Cat-food for Shasta (my cat) and her Kitten--now named Sandy. I had just dressed from just taking a shower, we left and we both immediately started to sweat.

It was like walking into a large oven--with the heat turned on the highest. Few clouds in the sky-0-VERY slight winds. By the time we walked the 70 or so foot-steps to my car--we were both sweating profusly. We left for that nearby store, shopped and came out. It felt even more miserable.

Next we went to CVA Pharmacy---I waited for my friend to get his pills and to come out. It was getting hotter and the clouds seemed to have vanished and only the hot sun was boring down on us. We left to go to the Circle K - which was across the street. Got $15.00 worth of gas which was juuuuuuuuuuust over 5 gallons of gas :( I had 2 bucks left and before we could do anything else--I HAD to go to the bank.

As my car's radiator fan is not working--the car quickly starts to overheat (but only if were in idle traffic.

Made it to the bank--got my cash I needed and went to pay the phone bill. Got that done and realized it was much much more hotter than moments before. It was about 1:30 pm, when we decided to go to a Sirloin Stockade to have lunch and get some relief from the extreme humidity and heat.

We ate and then left. We went shoppping for some groceries at a local nearby H.E.B's. By the time we got back out in the parkinglot at Heebs (H.E.B's) I said to my friend--it smells like rain -- to which he said he did not smell any.

We left to get our stuff home and noticed it was even more hot and humid. We put our stuff away and I stayed indoors to de-sweat. I next ventured outside at about 5:00 Pm to visit with my Cats and make sure their water dish was filled. It was M~I~S~E~R~A~B~L~E. My cats were in misery so I let them both in to cool off. (My friend hates cats so I can't keep them indoors)

Next thing I heard was a peal of what sounded like thunder. My nextdoor neighbors came out and were cheering and screaming--it was actually starting to rain a bit--not much but--it was rain.

I came out a few moments later to take a look - see--and it had already quit raining but, I noticed the sky was overcast--and you could "feel" that it was going to rain. I waited outside for about 30 minutes--but no rain. I was beginning to think that we had been shafted again--out of our rain ------- when--I heard a loud boom after seeing some lightning. Instead of going inside--I got onto the sidewalk and just stood there as the winds picked up in fury, and just stood there as the large drops of rain begain to fall.

I decided it was best to get at least under some cover by going back upstairs as the lightning was flashing all-over the place. I stood on the porch watching the rain--real rain--fall everywhere. I stood out there for at least 30 or so minutes enjoying a sight that we here had not seen since--OCTOBER 31st--05.

After all was said and done--I think we got about 1 inch of rain.

We also set a heat record for the month of May.

Our regular measured temperature was 103 degrees "F" Our heat index was 128 degrees "F" Me thinks that we are DEFINATELY in some deep trouble, this hurricane season. I aint one to panic about such things but, the VERY strange weather we have been having here for well over a year--can really make one do some deep thinking......................................

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl - I saw that storm on the radar during the news - it looked like a gullywasher. The weatherman reported that Falfurrias had a heat index of 128 degrees and said that was almost unheard of. Hope the cold (ha!) front that came through here last night finally arrived in your area. It is a little cooler here today - temperatures only in the mid-80s.
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• Hi all

We joke here all the time about our summers,
    You hear two people talking. One will say.
    " That was a great summer we had last year."
    The other replies. "Yes is was great, it lasted
    4 whole days." :lol: :lol: Or sometimes we count
    the summer like this. May wasn't bad, we had 3
    good days. But June was better, we had 8 good ones.
    July was so, so, because sometimes it only rained in
    the mornings. But August was the best month, it
    only rained for 18 days. B) B)

Carl and Jay, You guys have to live in one of the
    hottest places on Earth. I'm afraid if I went to
    Texas I was just defrost. :dead:

It's a dull day today, we had a little rain earlier,

IS THAT OUR SUMMER OVER!!

WERE DID I PUT THAT UMBRELLA?? :stunned:

Emmanuel..

Emmanuel.

• Hi Jay, Hi Emmanuel,

Jay, well, it was a decent rain. On and off, i'd say it rained moderately for about an hour. We did get some high gusts of wind--which felt f~a~n~t~a~s~t~i~c. Just earlier--it was so miserable that i'd shudder to think that anything else could ever beat the heat and humidity of that day. That "cold front" did drop temperatures down about 20 degrees when it came in about midnight. The next morning (yesterday) it was still slightly cool with blowing wind but when the wind stopped--you could definately feel the heat coming back.

Emmanuel, my friend, you can DEFINATELY say that again. I'm sitting here thinking about the EXTREME HEAT that went on on May 10th. It was a nightmare to say the least. :(:unsure::blink::wacko::uhuh::stunned::dead: Makes one feel like these smilies.

The heat we got on May 10th we should not have had before sometime in June or July. I really do think that this coming hurricane season--is going to be at least as bad if not worse--than last years season. Bad or worse meaning that CC, TX will probably be "under the gun" this time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well its Turkey hunting time for me so guess what. The darn weather is not cooperating. Rain and cold yesterday, today and on/off through tomorrow. Plus to top it all off, its been cold, and I mean cold. Even for Minnesota atandards. Were talking 30F degrees. That doesn't get the Turkey's moving at all!! Hopefully it will clear up here so I can bag one soon.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello all
    Fresh Turkey sounds tasty. Hope the weather warms up for you. How long is the season, is there a limit per hunter? What do you use for those big birds. murray

• Hi Murray. I use a 12 ga shotgun with turkey loads. I got one late this morning, in the rain!! So thank god I am done. We only get 1 per hunter and it has to have a visible beard to shoot it. Mine had a 8 inch beard but he only weighed 12 lbs. Oh well, atleast I am not sitting in the rain anymore.

-John Wayne

• Hello All
    If you had to brave the Monsoons I reckon you earned that turkey. Hope it tastes good. It's clouding over up here North of 49 and that means wet is on it's way. murray :P

• Hi Bill, I use #4 shot, and I try to get the 2 oz shot, it has alittle more knock down power :dead:

-John Wayne

• We're in a rut here in South Texas. No rain for a couple of weeks and water rationing restrictions are immenent. Temperatures are to be in the low to mid ninties through the coming week. The weather people tell us there is an "omega block" of high pressure centered over the higher latitudes of the midwest which will be very slow in moving which gives our chance of rain here virtually nil for the next week to ten days. May and June are our usual wettest months of the year, but the weather pattern is one which is more like July and August (our driest months). We'll just have to swealter and hope :wacko:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

"Not hardly!!!"