How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,885 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It looks like we're going to enter Phase One of water restrictions here in San Antonio by the weekend - no rain in sight. Like Carl and Mike and all the rest of you drought sufferers, we're just hoping for some respite soon :dead::stunned::cry2: .
    Cheers - Jay :mellow:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 12 2006, 11:44 AM
    It looks like we're going to enter Phase One of water restrictions here in San Antonio by the weekend - no rain in sight. Like Carl and Mike and all the rest of you drought sufferers, we're just hoping for some respite soon :dead::stunned::cry2: .

[snapback]32080[/snapback]

Hi Jay, yup and the "heat goes on" as that song says :(:blink::dead:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hot here in Atlanta as well. Suppose to get some rain though from Alberto or whatever is left of him from what I am hearing. I just hope my flight can still leave on Friday morning.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 14 2006, 12:09 PM
    The weather people here are touting a 30% chance of rain for Saturday. You know we're dry when we get all excited about a 30% chance :lol: !
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]32182[/snapback]

Hi Jay, same thing here only were supposed to get some rain starting around thursday/friday or friday/saturday. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Hello All
    Sure would be nice to trade some of our rain for some of your sunshine. We have had a few nice days but it's clouding over today.

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Jun 14 2006, 02:37 PM
    Hi Jay, same thing here only were supposed to get some rain starting around thursday/friday or friday/saturday. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

[snapback]32190[/snapback]

Carl - the forecast here has changed a few times today regarding the weekend. They said there might be a possibility of rain Friday and Saturday, and the last report was that we had a very slight chance Thursday, a better chance Friday, best chance Saturday and diminishing chances Sunday through Tuesday. One needs a scorecard to keep track of these guys. :wacko:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 13 2006, 01:44 AM
    It looks like we're going to enter Phase One of water restrictions here in San Antonio by the weekend - no rain in sight. Like Carl and Mike and all the rest of you drought sufferers, we're just hoping for some respite soon :dead::stunned::cry2: .

[snapback]32080[/snapback]

I think Brisbane(in Australia, it's the closest capital city to where I am) is one Phase 3 water restrictions :fear: , I'm glad we're on tank water around here.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hot Hot Hot. That's the only thing I can say about Atlanta. No offense Kevin, thank god I am going home in the morning.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello All
    The sun is back and we are loving it. Is Texas still burning up? :fear:

• Murray, it's eased up a bit by a couple of degrees. At least us South Texans have a little cloud cover now and a chance of rain in the forecast. Not holding my breath for the rain, however. <_<
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 14 2006, 06:07 PM
    Carl - the forecast here has changed a few times today regarding the weekend. They said there might be a possibility of rain Friday and Saturday, and the last report was that we had a very slight chance Thursday, a better chance Friday, best chance Saturday and diminishing chances Sunday through Tuesday. One needs a scorecard to keep track of these guys. :wacko:
    Cheers - Jay <_<

[snapback]32199[/snapback]

Yep, our forcast changed as well. An upper low is not moving in the direction they forcasted but we did get a brief rain shower this moring. Boy is it sure HOT n HUMID here today. :stunned::stunned:

• Well the clouds have been teasing us for the past two days, overcast yesterday afternoon and today but no rain! <_<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hello All
    Bek do they rely on irrigation in your part of Gods country?

• Hi kilo,

Yes they do rely on it quite often, but soon there's not going to be enough water left to irrigate anything, so in other words we need rain now. Quite a lot of the farms out here are selling up it's that bad, so hopefully those clouds will bring rain sometime soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hello All
    Hi Bek when the farms sell are they being bought by large holdings. Is this an unusually long drought or are you often short in that area. Are most of the farms sheep and cattle or are grain crops a common thing. I hope you get some rain murray

• I can't be sure who's buying them, but this is the worst drought in Australian History so it's pretty bad at the moment, it's going into it went into it's tenth year in May.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hot as hades here and humid as the tropics are. However, Houston (which is some 3 hrs drive from here) got 10 inches of rain in about 2 hrs. :fear2: :uhuh2: That same weather system is supposed to be coming around for a 2nd "go" at Houston sometime overnight and hopefully will be heading our way here in CC,TX. Not wishing for a flood but for some relief from the heat. :stunned: