How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 938,643 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Only a drop or two. The skies grew very dark and I thought we were in for it but the clouds just kept going...and going...and going. A very pleasant day here though.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• At about 12:15 this afternoon, we got a nice thunderboomes blow through. I bet we got at least an inch of rain. Man it was great--dark skies, lightning and thunder, sheets of rain and high cooling winds.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• We've been hot here, but we did have a little (& I mean little) rain this past weekend. Hope to get more this week and a little cooler, but fat chance. In the upper 80's or around 90. The lows are in the low to mid 60's. And getting muggy.

We're getting a little more haze from the fires in Georgia and Florida. This could get interesting.

Cheers :cool:

I woke up this morning to that haze also and that smoke is just awful. It looks like a foggy day here because of all of the smoke and I'm about 5 hrs. away from the Florida line.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I don't care about today's weather but now they are calling for a 60% chance of Scattered Thunderstorms this Saturday in Winterset. The temperatures will be great, mid 70's but we don't want rain. I forbid it! Saturday is the biggest day of the celebration and we better start calling in our markers with you know who.

• I don't have any rain gear but I did stick an umbrella in our pack we'll be carrying around with the cameras, just in case of a shower. Thought it would jinx it and the umbrella would be wasted space. And I can't exactly "run" for cover.

• We were supposed to get a line of major thunderstorms through her ethat had formed in Mexico but, not even a flash of lightning. Today though, was hot and humid as hell.

$^%#*^(&%$# (The sound of gnashing teeth)

• Just a repeat from before. Hot, dry, and no rain in sight. We are not even forecasting any chance of rain for the next seven days. And we are getting hotter. Around 89 today, and I think a little cooler tomorrow. But as I said no rain. If this holds up we will only have a third of an inch this month and the summer is looking bleak.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well not to rub it in for you guys down south. We got rain and more coming tomorrow. The worst thing this year has been that it has been so darn windy all the time.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• 36 hours to Winterset... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN...

• 36 hours to Winterset... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN... NO RAIN...

I'll send you some of my weather. We hardly ever see any rain down here.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• NO... NO... NO... NO... NO... no hot weather, I want the temps they are forecasting for Winterset just not the rain. If it gets above 80° I have to head for the hotel. Either that or she'll haul me away on a gurney.

• At home we have rain for the next 8 days... for Winterset it looks like they are getting wet today and maybe on Saturday. Hoping the rest of the weekend is dry. I don't have floats on my wheelchair.

• Well, so far, the MAJOR thunderstorms that were predicted for almost all day today, never showed up. The weathermen all say were supposed to get heavy storms through Tuesday. However, right now, does not look like that's coming true.

• Hot and dry. Sounds like a repeat, but the difference is we are going into the 90's. Looks like a very dry May with around a third of an inch for the month. No rain in sight but more humid. My grass is gone. No telling how much that will cost to replace but I'm not going to do that until I know we are going to get rain and that might be at least another 10 years.

It has been 9 out of 10 years of a drought in my area. No relief in sight unless we get (God forbid) a hurricane.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote