7th Voyage Dvd's

There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,649 times. The latest Post () was by falc04.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just received my DVD's from 7th Voyage Productions. There were two DVD's. The first one was a two-DVD set with "Angel and the Badman" on one disc and the other had "A Tribute to John Wayne" hosted by Harry Carey Jr, and "Bronx Cowboy - A Tribute to Harry Carey Sr." with voice overs by John Wayne and Olive Carey. The Duke tribute was about 30 minutes or so long with Dobe hosting, and the Harry Carey Sr tribute was about 10 minutes or so, and more of a quicky video tribute. Short but very nice.

The other DVD was "Thank Ya, Thank Ya Kindly - A Tribute to Hank Worden" and was about an hour long, and featured Hank Worden talking abot his career (not bad since he died in 1992 at age 91!), and also has Frankie Avalon, Clint Eastwood, Burt Kennedy, Harry Carey Jr., Ben Johnson, and Dean Smith remembering Ol' Hank. A very, very nice tribute. This DVD also has the "Bronx Cowboy" tribute on it, and also "Yak's Last Ride" which is a very short (8-10 minutes) tribute to Yakima Canutt. Although this too is very good and just might bring a tear to your eye when you see the great Yak riding in from the desert, it is more of a music video. Still very good though. 7th Voyage is offering both DVD's, the whole kit and kaboodle for $22.95. I heartily recommend them both. THe web addresses are below.

Colorado Bob

http://www.hankworden.com
    http://www.7thvoyageprod.com

P.S.: According to an email I received from 7th Voyage, "Horse Tales" with Harry Carey Jr is set for release this summer, and "Comanche Stallion" is still in production.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Howdy Ethan,
    I believe they offer their DVDs for all regions, so if you're interested, check 'em out.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Here ya go Chester,
    I found this at Amazon.com, and it is the same (at least according to the photo they show) as the one I have. It says that it is on the VHS of "The Beverly Hillbillies Vol. 4" and they have 5 used and new in stock starting at $4.20. Here is the web address:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...133747?v=glance
    Good luck!
    Colorado Bob

Originally posted by Colorado Bob@Feb 20 2006, 04:58 PM
    Here ya go Chester,
    I found this at Amazon.com, and it is the same (at least according to the photo they show) as the one I have. It says that it is on the VHS of "The Beverly Hillbillies Vol. 4" and they have 5 used and new in stock starting at $4.20. Here is the web address:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...133747?v=glance
    Good luck!
    Colorado Bob

[snapback]27650[/snapback]

Well, my video arrived yesterday, and we watched it last night. "The Indians Are Coming" was paired with another episode of The Beverly Hillbillies, neither of which had I seen before. The quality was excellent, and they even had the original music :D , and they were even in color (the first I've seen in color, on video or DVD). The hokey "fake" music really gets to me, so the original tune was refreshing!!

Duke's appearance was, of course, quite short, being a cameo. But you should have heard Granny wailing for John Wayne to help with the Indian attack - it was great!

I am a happy camper! That video was well worth every penny!

Chester :newyear:

• I too was finally able to watch this episode last night. The story is a little hokey (even for a Hillbillies one), but it was fun to listen to Granny constantly say what John Wayne would do, if he were there. As for his appearance, it's extremely brief, and he hardly says anything. Still, it's always fun to see him appear in something that you've never seen before. I thought it was neat that his outfit is similar to the one he wore in 'The Quiet Man', some 15 years earlier. I imagine he wore that Irish hat, so as not to have his toupee put on by the makeup department. I guess for all of 10 seconds of screen time, it most likely wasn't worth it.