Academy Awards

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,492 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Ringo

Whilst I may not agree with everything that Charlton Heston says or believes I feel the thing I despise most about the whole thing is that Clooney is at the height of his powers Heston is in advanced years with a terminal debilatating illness and not really able to fully defend himself.

To me, Clooney has just depicted himself as being mean, petty, vindictive and without grace.

At least Chuck gave him a humdinger of a reply. Reminded me of of Duke's shot at John Ireland in Red River.

Best

Mike

• This is so typical of some actors in Hollywood. They get a some success under their belts and they do just like Ringo points out, they try to push their views on everything under the sun, right or wrong, on us and they don't care who they run over in the process. They have no respect for those who came before them and paved the road for them with hard work and dignity. Clooney just showed us how mean and IMO how immature he is. Any adult with any kind of decency knows you don't poke fun at elderly people, let alone a sick one who can't totally defend himself, it's just sick and not done. (any :cowboy: knows this)

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Thanks Mike and well said. I don't agree with everything any one persons does but, Charlton Heston showed that he was a much better person (not that he needed to) than clooney is; with his statement. :)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thank you Dear, and that is exactly how I feel in such matters. :):) All my life I have always wondered at how people can be so mean-spirited to do such things? I never could understand why one just HAS to be that way especially against those who cannot defend themselves.

The first person I ever made friends with when I started grade school, was a person who had "Down Syndrom" (SP?) and he of course, was picked on at school. On my 2nd day of going to school, I got into a fight with a kid who was in the 2nd grade (I was in Kindergarten at the time) and I lost the fight but, I defended and befriended this guy named Douglas. That kid did learn not to pick on Douglas though. I think because of that one incident, I believe that was something I was lucky to learn from at an earlier age that I have always practiced. Boy, I have not thought about this in many years. :agent:

• Hello all
    I agree that Clooney was a fool to make a joke of anyone with Alzheimers. I can only imagine how scarey it would be to lose touch with reality as your memory fails. Some day his arrogance will come home to roost. If I disagree with somebodies position that does not entitle me to belittle him.
    murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@Apr 10 2006, 10:06 PM
    Hello all
    I agree that Clooney was a fool to make a joke of anyone with Alzheimers. I can only imagine how scarey it would be to lose touch with reality as your memory fails. Some day his arrogance will come home to roost. If I disagree with somebodies position that does not entitle me to belittle him.
    murray

[snapback]30285[/snapback]

Murray, it does if you are as simple minded as most of the people in Hollywierd.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Apr 10 2006, 11:45 PM
    Murray, it does if you are as simple minded as most of the people in Hollywierd.

[snapback]30290[/snapback]

Well said Murray/Todd.