Academy Awards

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,493 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• At the first, doing the gay cowboy clip skit which showed many prominent stars,gregory peck,heston,fonda,stewart and of course our beloved John Wayne in a rather dim light. I feel this was unnecessary for that horrible gay movie to get a jok from

-IHW :headbonk:

• Its just there way of showing just how out of touch Hollywierd is from the realities of everyday life. Lets rip a bunch of old cowboy movies and take the films scenes out of context so we can justify the filth that Broke Back Mtn was. I said it once and I will say it again, Hollywierd is wondering why every year for the past 6-7 years that movie attendance keeps going down in the theaters, well duh :headbonk: , moron's!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@Mar 5 2006, 08:26 PM
    At the first, doing the gay cowboy clip skit which showed many prominent stars,gregory peck,heston,fonda,stewart and of course our beloved John Wayne in a rather dim light. I feel this was unnecessary for that horrible gay movie to get a jok from
    -IHW :headbonk:

[snapback]28439[/snapback]

This is one reason why I don't watch the Academy Awards any more! :fear: :stunned::fear2:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Mar 6 2006, 01:28 PM
    This is one reason why I don't watch the Academy Awards any more! :fear: :stunned::fear2:

[snapback]28480[/snapback]

That, and they're really, really boring! Plus I decided to skip it when I realized that King Kong was not nominated for best actor! That's one talented monkey! (Well better than Clooney anway?)

• I personally had no interest in the oscar either.

I would however be interested in hearing what references to the Duke were made and what film clips of his were used.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• The film clips that they used the most of his was "Rio Grande". If there was others it went by really quick and I might have missed them.

-John Wayne

• I agree w/ ya all. Also IMO, george cLOONEY is one I never have liked even back when this poseur had a part in some TV series as a Doctor. And now especially after the very nasty comments he made about Charlton Heston when he told the media that he too suffers from Alzheimer's Disease. Charlton Heston showed how much class he had in his reply to cLOONEY and he did not use any insulting words in his reply BUT; the message was perfectly clear and I completely agree with him.

Way to go Mr. Heston!!

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Clooney is a fine actor. Just needs to stay out of politics. Well, maybe not that, but I don't agree with his politics. I don't like all his movies, but he does fine in some. I haven't seen all his movies.

If we were to like or dislike the ones who disagree with our politics, then we wouldn't be going to the movies at all. So, Clooney is entitled to his opinions as we are. Choosing to see his movies or not is your choice.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@Mar 12 2006, 03:38 PM
    TRK, where might I see more about Mr.Hestons reply?

-IHW

[snapback]29002[/snapback]

Hi IHW, I do not know where Charlton Heston's reply can be found on the net. I heard it from one of thoese Entertainment shows that are on TV stations. In fact, I think I heard it mentioned on the show that has Debra Norville as its hostess. If not that one, then it had to be on the E Entertainment Network.

Best regards -- Carl.

Hi Hondo, i'm sorry but, I simply just cannot stand clooney. Now, it might help if this guy would make some sort of an apology to Charlton Heston. until that happens, I will never support anything that clooney does.

This is also like: I cannot stand Kevin Costner's acting but, that does not mean I dislike him.

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Mar 14 2006, 05:00 PM
    This is also like: I cannot stand Kevin Costner's acting but, that does not mean I dislike him.

[snapback]29377[/snapback]

Those are fighting words right there!!!!! :lol: :lol:

-John Wayne

Originally posted by InHarmsWay+Mar 12 2006, 11:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(InHarmsWay @ Mar 12 2006, 11:38 AM)</div>

<!--QuoteBegin-The Ringo Kid@Mar 14 2006, 02:00 PM
    Hi IHW, I do not know where Charlton Heston's reply can be found on the net.

[snapback]29377[/snapback]

IHW and Ringo,

I found this article that tells what George Clooney said (REALLY tacky remark!!), and reference to Mr. Heston's reply. He may have Alzheimer's disease, but judging by his reply, he's not too far along yet :rolleyes: !

Mrs. C :angel1:

Originally posted by SXViper@Mar 14 2006, 11:38 PM
    Those are fighting words right there!!!!! :lol: :lol:

[snapback]29397[/snapback]

But we DO
    agree that JOHN WAYNE is the best. :D:D

• Chester & the Mrs. thank you for that link. The quote that was posted is the one I am talking about. :D

Charlton Heston's reply: "It just goes to show that sometimes class does skip a generation." :):D

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Mar 15 2006, 04:37 PM
    But we DO
    agree that JOHN WAYNE is the best. :D:D

[snapback]29444[/snapback]

Darn right!!!!

To clarify, I have always been a Costner Fan, have I liked all his films? No, some have been extremely bad.. But I do like his baseball movies as I am a fan of baseball. And I do like him when he does westerns. Sorry for the hijack......

-John Wayne

• Hi All

Yes Clooney's sad comment is indicative of the "clever" arrogance that is around these days especially from an actor who has made about 1 and half reasonable films and he seems to like wielding a fire arm in one or two films...or perhaps Dusk to Dawn does not count!!)

George Clooney has seriously gone down in my estimation!

He is probably on a high due to the academy's...praise for his wonderful !!!!! new film! LOL

The likes of Clooney and others ought to consider the way they peddle and push their own issues....gays...aids...etc with an almost fascist ( and I MEAN fascist if you don't agree with them!), zeal...before they can find room to comment on a man who purely believes in the right of people to be able to arm themselves because after all...there are quite a few burglars...muggers etc...that don't exactly hit you with their handbag! :cowboy::cowboy: