Gary Cooper

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,266 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I always liked Gary Cooper in High Noon, but the only DVD I have is "Farewell To Arms." Would like to get one of his Westerns, but High Noon is kind of expensive.
    Can anyone suggest any other Westerns with GC in them?

• Harry,

I'd recommend Along Came Jones (1945) and Vera Cruz (1954) any day. Both are great movies and both are on DVD. Also The Westerner (1940) and The Plainsman (1936) are both on DVD.

I'd also like to recommend For Whom the Bell Tolls (1943). It's a war movie, not a Western, but it's a really good movie. Also the DVD of this movie is EXCELLENT. When I first saw it, I couldn't believe how sharp and clear the picture was. For a movie this old, this was one of the best DVD transfers I've ever seen.

E.J.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

Originally posted by InHarmsWay@May 18 2006, 08:31 PM
    When I bought the SE of high noon on dvd i believe it was $30, expensive but worth it.

-IHW

[snapback]31415[/snapback]

That was $30 canadian, right? I think I paid $15.00 US for it when it was released.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne