Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,400,425 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Bad Teacher. Don't waste your time, money or effort. Just a horrible movie with no sense of humor. This was suppose to be a comedy, but I found nothing funny about this movie except the fact that I watch the entire movie thinking it had a point.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "Cliffhanger" with Sly Stallone

Cliffhanger is one of my most favorite of his movies.

Still watching Season 4 of: The "A" Team. I took a peek at the "extras" on disc three, and they have a bonus episode from Season 5. Season 5 has added Robert Vaughn as a General and some hispanic guy I never heard if. No wonder the series died with season 5, that episode was lousy and the characters were mostly NOT like what we were used to from the first 4 seasons.

Dunno if ill break down and gets season 5 or not? I LIKE to be a completist but??? is the money worth i if the last season looks like a lousy one?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "The Shadow of the Eagle". Silly but very fun serial from the early part of Duke's career. Lately I've been getting into Duke's 1930's movies, and while they'll never be my favorites, I'm having a lot of fun with them.

• Pearl Harbor

Hi Keith, sorry you HAD to endure the pain of watching that movie.

Just saw: The Flying Misfits--w: Robert Conrad as Major Gregory "Pappy" Boyington (MoH Recipient), Simon Oakland as General Moore, Dana Elcar as Colonel Lard, James Whitmore Jr as Captain Gutterman, George Gaynes???? as General Claire Chennault, and many other recognizable "faces."

• The Movie Channel ran a widescreen, Hi Def copy of "Tough Guys". It's a film from 1986 (I think) and stars Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas in their last film together. It is a hoot!
    Eli Wallach manages to steal the show as a half-blind shotgun toting lunatic and Charles Durning, Alexis Smith and Dana Carvey, of all people, round out the cast.
    Kirk and Burt play against their screen images and us old timers just have to smile to watch them in action.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The Movie Channel ran a widescreen, Hi Def copy of "Tough Guys". It's a film from 1986 (I think) and stars Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas in their last film together. It is a hoot!
    Eli Wallach manages to steal the show as a half-blind shotgun toting lunatic and Charles Durning, Alexis Smith and Dana Carvey, of all people, round out the cast.
    Kirk and Burt play against their screen images and us old timers just have to smile to watch them in action.

We deal in lead, friend.

That's an excellent movie which i saw it when it first was at the theaters-sadly, to a not-so-filled-movie house. It is a great and fun film and I hope it will be on DvD soon.

A favorite scene is showing Kirk firing "one of those new fangled guns (an Uzi) when they heist that train at the end of the movie. Eli Wallach is a HOOT, as that VERY near-sighted "Hitman." Billy Barty and other "faces" are also in the movie.

• Been watching more episodes of Baa Baa Black Sheep. Shame the series didnt make it to season 3, it was a dang great show.

Rest in Peace Pappy, Dana, Simon and Jeff.

• Hi

A truly awful British film The Siege of the Saxons a sort of cross between a really bad Robin Hood film and Monty Python.
    A truly second rate B actor Ronald Lewis was the hero Jannete Scott the heroine.
    In the final battle scene one English archer fell off the same battlement three times and one poor saxon was speared by the same knight four times.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low