Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,373,503 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am not missing out!! I have sen them so many times from reruns on the TV. Plus for awhile they were on HDNet movies like a year or so ago and I copied a bunch of them. There is some funny stuff there, for sure!!

Hi Todd, glad someone here admitted to at least watching that show. In my area--that show has not been played since the early 1980's--with the exception of it playing on TVland about 6 years ago.

What is HD net movies?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Todd, glad someone here admitted to at least watching that show. In my area--that show has not been played since the early 1980's--with the exception of it playing on TVland about 6 years ago.

What is HD net movies?

Carl, HDNet is a High definition movie channel. They have 2 channels one that shows movies all the time and the other focuses on news shows, music, hour long dramas like Star Trek, 1/2 comedies, ect...

The movie channel is currently showing McLintock, Red River, and El Dorado(These are the Duke movies) plus many other movies that changes monthly, some good some bad, but they are all in high defintion. El Dorado was amazing on HD.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Yeah, Carl - I drop off a lot these days:sleep: !
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Hi Todd, Jay,

Jay--heh heh heh, same here depending what day it is.

Todd, thanks for the info. I have only expanded basic cable, so I wonder if we can get that channel? If so, I wonder how much extra it is to have a month. Probably would not make a diff if I get it or not, I only have a cheap Circuit City "13" TV set. I think I paid total, about $80.00. My place is not big enough to warrent a bigger set. The only think I hate about my current set is that it has only one speaker and it is sometimes hard to hear--unless you like very high volume--which I can't stand. Next set I MIGHT go for a "19" inch set.

• I was going to watch mad mad world as well but had forgotten it was going to be on--so I watched the 5th and last disk of season 2 of Hogan's Heroes.

• "The Presidio" with Sean Connery and Mark Harmon. Pretty good actioner directed by Peter Hyams. If you check out Hyams movies, you'll find he almost always includes a character by the name of Spota.

"Not hardly!!!"

• I watched 300 yesterday. A friend of mine got a hold of a prescreener DVD. I thought it was good, but could have been better. The entire movie is basically one long battle. I would have thought that they would have gone into the background story a little more. I would compare it to Troy with better visual effects.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• "Daredevil" with "hit-or-miss" (mostly miss) Ben Affleck. Could have been a better movie (I understand that there is a director's cut DVD available that adds almost 30 minutes to the feature - from what I have seen said on IMDB, that version is a much better movie.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Jay, I agree. Ben Affleck aint much to write home about.

Also, I too watched James Garner as Marlowe, last night on TCM. Tonight, I will be starting disk one of several I "checked out of the library" with. I'll probably start with one of the Andy Griffith dvds.

• Watched The Last Mimzy in the cinema. Great well made film with a super story. Well worth seeing. Synopsis attached.

Two children discover a mysterious box that contains some strange devices they think are toys. As the children play with these "toys," they begin to display higher and higher intelligence levels. Their teacher tells their parents that they seem to have grown beyond genius. Their parents, too, realize something extraordinary is happening.

• I started to watch Black Hawk Down again last night for the upteenth time. The excuse I have for doing so is that I am trying to spot what role that Ioan Gruffudd was playing. I could not tell, but I think he might have played a Lieutenant that was back at their base at Mog Airport - before their mission started? Could not really tell though. But anyway, I was curious to see what his character was because I noticed his name in the credits and had not known he had been in that film.

• Hi

Just finished watching Knights of the Round Table with Robert Taylor, Ava Gardner and Mel Ferrer, the villian was played by Stanley Baker in one of his very early pictures.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low