Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,375,970 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I watched THIS classic last night:

w/ Burt Lancaster, Karl Malden, Telly Savalas, Len Lesser, Edmund O'Brien & Neville Brand. God I miss them all.

Burt as Robert Stroud (the Birdman) which should actually have been: Birdman of Leavenworth.

Telly:

Karl Malden as the Warden:

Neville Brand as the Guard:

Edmund o'Brien was the Prison Pastor:

Great shot of Burt and Neville:

A young Len Lesser:

Great shot of the older Stroud and Warden:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Operation Pacific

The Duke, Ward chemistry is there in full force at the beginning. Later, Duke takes over and does a fine job in a movie I like to watch fairly often. Funny to see Ward the boss of Duke, even if just for a while!
    From what I have read, and the fact that Ward was four years older than Duke and Pappy didn't scare him a bit, I believe that was how their relationship was off camera!

Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Edited once, last by Hawkswill: Forgot ().

• Loved that Movie....saw it long ago. And Burt Lancaster was always one of my favorites in anything. Keith

• That's a strange coincidence as I just watched Escape from Alcatraz with Clint, was an amazing film Clint is immense. My grandfather was born the same year day and hour as him, Clint has come off the better :P

Great, often overlooked Clint film. Haven't seen it in years, glad it still stands up.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done." Always stuck in my mind.

Keith

Dickens is one of the most quoted writers and most people don't even know as the phrases have become so ingrained in the language.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.."

• Hi Keith, Birdman is now on DvD and I THINK is a WB title??? I loved the movie the first time I saw it several years ago. I plan on ordering it soon as some personal expenses are done with.

• Ooops, I forgot. I felt like watching:

again today and love it more and more every time I watch it. Steve Cochran is great as Staff Sergeant Sullivan (aka) Staff Sergeant Lafayette G. Pool.
    A photo of the real Sarge with the Actor who non-officially played the Sarge:

Great Poster Art:

The Sarge and his Lieutenant (Phil Carey)

Great Shot of the Sarge and his "Kraut"

Great shot of the Sarge:

Lobby Card set:

The Major not wearing his lid--was also the Tech Advisor for this film as well as on and appeared in: Breakthrough:

Paul Picerni talking with George O'Hanlon (aka) George Jetson on The Jetsons-as well as Joe McDoakes in the 60-something long series of shorts of the same name:

• Damn you love this movie!
    How many times have you watched it this year?:wink_smile:
    I'm so going to have to check it out.

• Who posted the pics, you, Dooley or you, RK? And who is the one who hasn't watched it........must be Dooley. This one confused me, can you tell? LOL.
    Well, if you BOTH like it even though I don't think I know a soul in it, I suppose it should go on my list. Neither of you have steered me wrong as of yet. I am watching Broken Lance at the moment! Keith