Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,371,718 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I watched Barbarella this afternoon. My American history teacher in high school wanted to arrest Jane Fonda for treason. I think she should be arrested and executed for this film.

• Vanishing Point-Barry Newman as Kowalski and the white '70 Challenger. Never realized it was NOT the Challenger that crashed at the end, but a '67 Camaro (painted to look like the Challenger)! All-time great car chase film.

Edited once, last by alamo221: added pic ().

• "Get the Gringo" starring Mel Gibson. I could care less about his personal problems, the man makes great, macho movies.

This one is similar to "Payback" in that his character is single minded of purpose but is stuck into the weirdest Mexican prison ever put on screen. It's brutal in parts and savagely funny in others.

At least it scrubbed my mind of that Batman gunk.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Last night I watched an Episode of Midsomer Murder, you know that turkey those icons are eating on the right of my screen never gets any smaller, maybe they are stuffed...Ha Ha Ha

• I watched Barbarella this afternoon. My American history teacher in high school wanted to arrest Jane Fonda for treason. I think she should be arrested and executed for this film.

I agree, Hanoi jane SHOULD be arrested and tried for treason then exported to a Country that would love it--such as Iran.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Forgot: I watched Glenn Ford in: Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Its a decent film and Glenn Ford wasnt what was wrong with it--nor the cast. Anyway, I will NOT--recommend this movie to anyone unless you need it to complete your Glen Ford or Lee J. Cobb collection.

• I agree, mel is a good actor and ill always support his movies. Ive been wanting to see all the ones he's made lately.

• I love and think I will Always love Mel Gibson as an actor. I thought he was hilarious in the movie where he could read women's minds.......his facial expressions were priceless! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• WHAT! NO BEER? w/ Buster Keaton and Jimmy Durante. It was pretty good and worth the money.

DvD

The Barber and the Taxidermist before becoming Beer Sellers:

One of Keaton's Three Stooges moments:

Lovesick for a floozy:

Da man wit da famous Schnazz staring at his counterpart:

Partners.

• The Help-very good;
    John Dies At The End-horror/scifi with confusing 1st half, then settles into a coherant plot.

• Vanishing Point-Barry Newman as Kowalski and the white '70 Challenger. Never realized it was NOT the Challenger that crashed at the end, but a '67 Camaro (painted to look like the Challenger)! All-time great car chase film.

I LOVE this film! A solid gold cult classic!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I agree, mel is a good actor and ill always support his movies. Ive been wanting to see all the ones he's made lately.

Payback was a great Gibson movie, I actually think one of his top 5. I have get the gringo but haven't watched it yet!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Yes "Gringo" is almost a sequel to Payback-

Just watched:
    Tomb Of Ligia-Vincent Price, nice old fashioned AIP horror;
    Zero Dark Thirty-drawn out, a tad boring at times-not as good overall as The Hurt Locker.

• Payback was a great Gibson movie, I actually think one of his top 5. I have get the gringo but haven't watched it yet!

Forgot about that one. Ive always wanted to see it. The ones wiht him in them im more familiar with are the: Lethal Weapon movies--didnt like the 4th one though, We Were Soldiers, The Patriot, Braveheart, Mad Max and a few others including: Maverick--opposite James Garner--they both were magnificent. I didnt care for the female lead as ive never been a fan--dont dislike her but--I thought another actress would have been bettter in the role.