Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,366,334 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Someone posted that they had watched The Tanks Are Coming 1951 and said it was a good movie, I think it was a great movie a different kind of war movie with old actors giving a good performance.

Saddle up, Lock an Load.

Twas moi who said it was a good movie. Also, the movie is a plagerized story stolen from Staff Sergeant Lafayette G. Pool--who in the movie--was played by Steve Cochran (S.Sgt Sullivan) Pool had tried to sue Warner Brothers because they stole his story and changed enough facts of the story in order to beat Pool in the lawsuit. His info can be found on the 3rd Armored Division website.

Also, im currently looking for movie stills from that movie.

Oh and, you might want to try: Breakthrough w/ John Agar, David Brian, Frank Lovejoy and Paul Picerni--that movie is another treasure of a War Movie. I just won 16 original stills for that movie and they are posted in the titles thread.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Twas moi who said it was a good movie. Also, the movie is a plagerized story stolen from Staff Sergeant Lafayette G. Pool--who in the movie--was played by Steve Cochran (S.Sgt Sullivan) Pool had tried to sue Warner Brothers because they stole his story and changed enough facts of the story in order to beat Pool in the lawsuit. His info can be found on the 3rd Armored Division website.

Also, im currently looking for movie stills from that movie.

Oh and, you might want to try: Breakthrough w/ John Agar, David Brian, Frank Lovejoy and Paul Picerni--that movie is another treasure of a War Movie. I just won 16 original stills for that movie and they are posted in the titles thread.

I downloaded the movie, give me your e.mail address and I'll take some stills off the dvd and send them to you.

• It's A Wonderful World with Jimmy Stewart and Claudete Colbert, was a fun crime/mystery comedy that started out suprisingly darkly, Stewart's character is alot more hard nosed than the type of characters he would usually play at the time and he worked well with Colbert, did a nice job of building suspense and mixing comedy with seriousness.

• “Ganger Squad”
    This movie surprised me…I liked it! I heard so many bad reviews, I didn’t know what to expect. Plus it had Sean Penn in it (as the bad guy), and I try to avoid his films. Like most modern action films, the violence was graphic, and the language might be a little strong for some, but story-wise, it was a good old fashion good guy vs. bad guy gangster movie done in the style of “The Untouchables”. It was based on the true story of how L.A. mob boss Mickey Cohen was taken down. (Of course “based on the true story” means you tell a little bit of truth mixed in with enough lies to make it interesting!)
    A fun little period piece action movie.

• On Our Merry Way a film split into three short stories led by Burgess Meredith with Fred McMurray, James Stewart and Henry Fonda. Was enjoyable and funny kind of movie, pretty much mindless entertainment, Stewart and Fonda in particular were hilarious in their segment and it has made me interested in taking another look at McMurray. The version I had was the original before the Charles Laughton footage was cut and his segment replaced one with Dorothy Lamour, i'd imagine it was better for it.

• More eps of Robin Hood which also included as guests of the week: Edward Mulhare and Donald Pleasance.

Ditto--and this time Mulhare and Pleasance were not in any eps.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().