Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,420,088 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I am Legend with Will Smith. The third film to be made of Richard Matheson's script after Vincent Price in Last Man on Earth and Charlton Heston in The Omega Man. Good movie and performance from Smith.

• Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo w/ Van Johnson, Spencer Tracy, Robert Mitchum and Don DeFore. A bit dated BUT, ill take it over that leftist freak's, Alec Baldwin, version of the Doolittle Raid-anytime any day.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• cars 2 went to the cinema with my childern,the film was great fun,better than the first one.it was more of a james bond film.

• Centurion w/ Michael Fassbinder. It was a well made movie with a bit more gore than necessary. However, a copy now resides in my collecion ;-)) Its a story about the destruction of the Roman's Ninth Legion somewhere in the area of Barbarian Germany, and about the few survivors of the 9th, who are pursued by some barbarians vent on revenge for one of them killing the barbarian King's son.

Tonights movie will be either: Champion w/ Kirk Douglas & Arthur Kennedy, or Dr. Strangelove with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• "Kelly's Heroes". Yesterday my copy of CinemaRetro devoted to this Clint Eastwood WWII film arrived which inspired me to pop in the DVD this morning.
    Good stuff.

We deal in lead,friend.

• "Escape From New York" (1981)
    -Kurt Russel

Plot: IMDB

In 1997, when the US President crashes into Manhattan, now a giant max. security prison, and is taken prisoner by the convicts, a convicted war hero turned bank robber is sent in for a rescue.

Phantom's Review: One of my all time favorite movies and my favorite John Carpenter film. Despite it's low budget, this film has got plenty of action, decent FX (for it's time and budget) and one of the coolest Anti-Hero's in the history of movies.."Snake" Plissken. A classic of it's kind.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• "Kelly's Heroes". Yesterday my copy of CinemaRetro devoted to this Clint Eastwood WWII film arrived which inspired me to pop in the DVD this morning.
    Good stuff.

We deal in lead,friend.

Hi B, that is one of my all-time most favorite movies-it cant be bettered unless they add about 30 minutes to the movie ;-))

• Rewatching Band of Brothers for the umpteenth time. A great mini-series that I never tire of. Very well acted and very realistic (I have to imagine, as I never fought in WWII :wink_smile:)

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "