Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,431,306 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :Blackbeard, The Pirate" (1952)
    -Robert Newton, Linda Darnell

Plot: IMDB
    In 1674, "reformed" pirate Sir Henry Morgan is a high official in Jamaica, but Edward Maynard hopes to win a large reward by proving Morgan still dabbles in piracy. Maynard goes undercover as ship's surgeon with a Morgan henchman...who's been supplanted by notorious Blackbeard himself. Also on the ship is Edwina Mansfield, seemingly a damsel in distress, to whom there's much more than meets the eye.

Phantom's Review: Good old fashioned swashbuckling adventure. Robert Newton (of "Treasure Island" fame) does his patented pirate act and is lots of fun. Barely an ounce of truth in this "true" story, but lots of pirate fun . (plus Linda Darnell is gorgeous)

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Indiana Jones I-III. Part III "The Last Crusade" is my favourite Indy movie!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Keith, you couldn't have committed any sins bad enough to merit that punishment.
    I introduced my 5 year old grandson to Ray Harryhausen's "20,000,000 Miles to Earth".

We deal in lead, friend.

• The 300 Spartans, Spartacus, Thunderball, Dr. No, Goldfinger and From Russia With Love-also with a Duke Co-star--Pedro Armendariez-who committed suicide during the filming of the movie due to cancer. ;(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• "Creature From The Black Lagoon" (1954)
    -Julie Adams, Richard Carlson

Plot: IMDB
    A scientific expedition searching for fossils along the Amazon River discover a prehistoric Gill-Man in the legendary Black Lagoon. The explorers capture the mysterious creature, but it breaks free. The Gill-Man returns to kidnap the lovely Kay, fiancée of one of the expedition, with whom it has fallen in love.

Phantom's review: Truly one of the greatest monster movies ever made. Perfect in almost every detail. From the way the "Creature" looks to the way Julie Adams looks. this is a great one. If you haven't seen it, then get it. If you have seen it. well....it's time to watch it again.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town