Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,422,593 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• When Worlds Collide. It was OK in spite of the biggest name in it being Hayden Roarke Dr. Bellows on I Dream of Jeannie)-whom I do like.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It's Irene Dunne's birthday. TCM ran her films all day. I watched four, Thirteen Women, Ann Vickers, The Age of Innocence, My Favorite Wife. None of them was two hours long, the first two were just over an hour. I like short films.

• A day of Pirate adventure for me:

1) "Swashbuckler" (1976)
    -Robert Shaw, James Earl Jones

Plot: IMDB
    A pirate and a hot-tempered noblewoman join forces to protect Jamaica from a tyrant.

Phantom's Review: I remember seeing this movie in theaters back in '76 and thinking it was a blast, having not seen it in a while I decided to put it on today and much to my surprise, it's still a blast Plenty of pirate action and adventure. Entertaining story and a fine cast. Robert Shaw seems to be having the time of his life. Watch for a very young Angelica Huston in a totally dialog free role as a mysterious woman in the Governors mansion and, also watch for Horror fave Sid Haig as one the pirates. (the role suits him well) A very enjoyable film.

2) "Cutthroat Island" (1995)
    -Geena Davis
    Plot: IMDB
    Morgan Adams and her slave, William Shaw, are on a quest to recover the three portions of a treasure map. Unfortunately, the final portion is held by her murderous uncle, Dawg. Her crew is skeptical of her leadership abilities, so she must complete her quest before they mutiny against her. This is made yet more difficult by the efforts of the British crown to end her piratical raids.

Phantom's Review: Like the previous film, I also saw this one in the theaters and apparently I was one of the very few. One of the biggest flops in film history, i found this film to be plenty of fun. Geena Davis is not a great actress, but does a credible job as the pirate captain. The best part is watching Frank Langella as her evil uncle "Dawg" Brown. He's chewing every scene he's in. Some exciting stunts, huge sets and plenty of action. A fun movie.
    --

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Miracle on 34th Street - the colorized version with Maureen O´Hara.

Remember the Night - what a beautiful old Christmas-Movie, starring Barbara Stanwyck and Fred McMurrey!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

Edited once, last by Dukesfan ().

• The all-time Christmas favourite: It’s a Wonderful Life with Jimmie Stewart. I have not watched it for a few years, but I still like this wonderful movie!

Then I watched the Christmas episodes of JAG; - funny!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."