Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,399,878 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

One of the few times I have sat in front of the TV all day (although their was a reason for it)

Watched Sea Wife with Richard Burton and Joan Collins and then Pimpernal Smith with Leslie Howard.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I saw Pimpernel Smith when I was in College back in 1994--and thought it was a pretty good movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl, the screen grabs look amazing. Is the another Warner Archive title?

Thanks and--it it. I got mine for $10 when they had that 5 for $50 sale (the one day sale) and this is when I got Zeppelin, The Journey, The Defector and Operator 13. Total with shipping was about $53 and some change.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks and--it it. I got mine for $10 when they had that 5 for $50 sale (the one day sale) and this is when I got Zeppelin, The Journey, The Defector and Operator 13. Total with shipping was about $53 and some change.

Damn that was a stonkingly good deal Carl!
    Remember to PM when the next sale comes along!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• dooley it's a good film,a bit overrated,at times a bit confuseing and slow in the middle of the film but by the end it all comes together.i would rated it 7/10

• dooley it's a good film,a bit overrated,at times a bit confuseing and slow in the middle of the film but by the end it all comes together.i would rated it 7/10

Thanks for the review, always prefer hearing what people have to say rather than critics!

• I enjoyed "Looper" as well, but was confused by one scene regarding the arrival of the older Willis that was gunned down by his younger self. This should not be a "spoiler", but perhaps someone could explain it to me in a PM.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Just got back from the "Frankenstein/ Bride Of Frankenstein" double feature. What a truly awesome way to see these classics. A good crowd of fans and excellent copies of both films. This is a great way to celebrate Halloween.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Just got back from the "Frankenstein/ Bride Of Frankenstein" double feature. What a truly awesome way to see these classics. A good crowd of fans and excellent copies of both films. This is a great way to celebrate Halloween.

Massively jealous over here! That would be amazing seeing those classics at the cinema with a crowd.
    I work right near Boris Karloff's house in Bramshott, England. It's a little walled house on an small plot of land surrounded by roads, like an island.

The one thing we have going on over here, which I'm going to is the remastered release of Kubrick's The Shining.
    Got to get some quality viewing in for Halloween!

• Well, yall, at 62 years of age and then some, I STILL get nightmares from things like that, LOL. I read The Shining and some others back around that time and forced myself to watch a few when made into movies. I really enjoyed them, but...........the nightmares still come. Silly, but, that is just the way it is. Thought I would NEVER get over Silence of the Lambs, but Hopkins is FINALLY one of my favorite performers again....had to see him where he played a super nice guy a few times first, though! And he is excellent at that also. Well, enjoy all your Halloween things.....I will enjoy them vicariously, LOL! This year is NOT one for me to be having nightmares.

Getting ready for my trip. Very excited. Long time no getting together with folks, playing music, and trusting my horse on rough trails through the mountains. The "cabin" is quite luxurious also. Here is a bit about it:
    http://www.leatherwoodmountains.com/cabins_heart.htm Our cabin.

Here is the promo bit on the place:
    http://www.leatherwoodmountains.com/
    It's only about an hour from my house....the other three girls, (ladies), are coming from about 4 hours away trailering the horses. Sure hope one is a good videographer!

The cabin has DSL wireless, so....guess you won't get a break from me! I want to be sure I finish posting the detailed screen caps of Hatari....catching the giraffe, the water buffalo, and last but definitely not least......the RHINO! Just posted catching the zebra. Even gave some roping tips on there that show why Sean missed the critter the first time....actually, he didn't miss him, just forgot what his left hand was doing.....not enough slack caused the perfect sized noose to close too much before it completely settled over the zebra's head. Have been practicing a LOT with my lariat. Not accurate over 10 feet, but dead on anything that or under. Picked up a well broke in one from my tack friend Dennis yesterday, (he supplies most of the rodeo folks in the US....lordy what a difference....hard to miss at all with that one! My horse, Carat is very good when I rope from his back. No saddle horn when you ride bareback, but he remembers when we had one. As soon as I rope my target and pull the noose shut, he feels it and begins backing up until the rope is taught....then he plants his feet. I was amazed that he remembered. As I have said before...smart horse, dumb Momma!

Well, hope to get lots of beautiful shots.....leaves should be right in the middle of perfect color changes.

And sure HOPE we get into the movie they are making about the most rugged horseback trails in the US. Moon and I will be wearing full AMM, (mountain man gear), sans rifles...no guns allowed in park. Ought to attrack the cameras!

Later, still have some cooking and packing to do......Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• The Man Who Knew Too Much, a Hitchcock film with James Stewart and Doris Day, was a very ambitious film but it was good all the same. Wouldn't put it up there with Rope or Rear Window but it was a gripping thriller and as always with Hitchcock it was filmed very well.

Hi Irish Duke,

Nice to see you are discovering these classic films and enjoying them.

btw, you need to nominate or chose a film for the group watch very soon!:wink_smile: