Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,399,536 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Duke, I'm unfamiliar with the TR documentary but I'm going to find it.
    Played "The Untouchables" this morning. Even if you can't stand Costner, the rest of the cast, including Connery, DeNiro, Charlie Martin Smith, Andy Garcia and Billy Drago, make this a must see.
    The music and script are world class. The only minor flaw to me is the director's occasional grandstanding.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Great screen grabs. After "The Naked Gun" movies, I sort of chuckle every time I see Leslie Nielson at the helm. What could possibly go wrong with Detective Lieutenant Frank Drebin steering the ship?

We deal in lead, friend.

Thank you and, im about to do one for Springfield Rifle tomorrow. Just watched that one today as well as The Undefeated yesterday ;-)) Same here-its hard to not get a laugh at watching him do comedy--since apparently all he did earlier on were serious stuff-like his character in an episode or two of Daniel Boone ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I watched The Poseiden Adventure
    on the big screen when it was released.
    Great movie to watch in it's day

And according to Allen's wife--it almost didnt get made was actually cancelled but--Erwin Allen went to some club across the street from the studios and saw two friends playing some card game-and asked them to help front around 2 Million or so dollars to make it. One of the friends was Steve Brodie--who has been in his fair share of Movie and TV Westerns.

• I too saw the Poseiden Adventure on the Big Screen first time. Atlanta was good in that it had a great many movie houses and got early releases quite often.
    Will never forget Mom telling me of coming from Athens to watch the premiere of Gone With The Wind in 1939 at the grand old Fox Theater. Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Still on season 2 but at 2 episodes a night by tomorrow should be ready for season 3!

I watched 2 a day too. I think there were only 16 episodes for season 2. Im starting to get irritated with season 3 though. I dont want to spoil it for you by saying why? but--you will more than likely see what I mean when you start watching it.

• Judgement At Nuremberg w/ Richard Widmark, Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift,Spencer Tracy, Max Schell, Howard Caine, Judy Garland, Werner Klemperer, William Shatner and Marlene Dietrich. What a great film!!!

DvD cover:

W/ Schell and Lancaster:

Tracy:

Dietrich:

Clift:

Schell and Widmark:

Garland:

Shatner, long before he became a wanker:

Klemperer (the bald guy aka: Colonel Wilhelm Klink) on the far end:

Howard Caine (NOT) as he was in the movie but as Maj Hochstetter in Hogan's Heroes:

What a heck of a great actor:

• The latest Walking Dead, latest Vegas, latest Boardwalk Empire, American Pickers, and American Pawn (the last 2 are guilty pleasures-hokey as hell, but informative)

• Spent the afternoon watching "The Great Escape" (1963) on the huge screen at a Cinemark theater. The film looked pretty good, but not pristine, and the improved digital sound shook the walls.
    The theater was pretty full but I didn't notice a single female. When the show ended, the applause was spontaneous as the baseball bounced off the cooler wall. Just a wonderful three hours!

We deal in lead, friend.

• It's great that you have somewhere nearby that shows classic films. It's nice to hear that these showings are well attended too. Would love to see the great escape on the big screen!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"