Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,399,094 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ET the new version for the first time.
    I saw it originally on the big screen alone and laughed out loud and cried silently. After that, I took a great many people to see it so they could enjoy it as I did. Not one did not like it, although I was pretty skeptical about a few.

It is just so amazing that Spielberg could get those techs to put so much emotion, caring, fear, understanding, etc. into those different "machine's" face and body language. I WANT an ET of my own, LOL!

KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Hey, Tennesseean, I watched "From here to Eternity" myself last night on TCM.

What a great film from the '50s. I enjoyed seeing perpetual western villains Claude Akins and Robert J. Wilke as sergeants. I understand George Reeves' part was cut because test audiences kept saying - Hey look. It's Superman.

Borgnine, Sinatra and Donna Reed were just excellent.

We deal in lead, friend.

• You're right about Reeves. He had a MUCH more substantial part, but as you noted, test audiences actually laughed out loud, shouting various phrases such as..."Look! Up in the sky...!"

Well, you get the idea!

I thought it was well done, and I have ALWAYS hated Ernest Borgnine's character "Fatso" Judsen, because he did it so well!

• It's sad when people get so typecast like that and the effect it has on the individual. He was actually a pretty good actor but TV at the time was such a massive cultural thing he had little hope of shaking it off.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• A WWII Screaming Eagles classic today: Battleground w/ Van Johnson, John Hodiak, James Whitmore Sr, James Arness, George Murphy, Richardo Montalban, Richard Jaeckel, Jerome Courtland, Marchall Thompson, Guy Anderson and Denice Darcel. Man what a hell of a classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DvD:

Van Johnson (Holly) & John Hodiak:

James Whitmore Sr: Sgt. Kinney:

George Murphy as "Pop" Stazak, Marshall Thompson as Jim Layton:

The survivors singing: Whatever Happened To Jody:

Ricardo Montalban (Rodriguez)

Love this shot of Holly:

SPAM:

Aint got no Gooolashes"

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Tapes of the Dean Martin Show. My goodness, the pop in guests, the laughs, great songs, I mean, I am SO GLAD that I ordered these when Mom and Dad were alive. They REALLY enjoyed them, and I am still doing so now. Duke "sang" Dino's theme song, and I swear, it really looks as if he were singing it while Dino just shook his head, LOL! For someone who hated being a singing cowboy, he sure did enjoy this LipSync job. Wonder if this is the one where he got his pills mixed up and took a downer instead of the upper he was supposed to take. He sure was relaxed! KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Battleground looks like another good'un!
    Is it another Warner archive number Carl?

Hi Peter, cant go wrong with this one either. Im not sure if its by Warner but--its readily available. I think you can pick it up for about $5 bucks now. Im going to walmart tomorrow since my Drs appt was moved to Monday and ill look. I know I saw it there recently and I THINK was in their $5 buck bin.

BTW, all of the extras in this movie--had been Screaming Eagles in WWII. I never tire of this great movie. Also, I have an Actors Print as well as one still from this movie. I THINK Keith might have put them here somewhere?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..