Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,400,698 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

Cutthroat Island a pirate film with Gena Davis. I think it was suppsed to be serious adventure film but it generated into a Saturday morning kids picture.
    Don't know what happened to gena Davis after that fim.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Got me thinking Arthur,
    It looks like she did OK,
    Claiming an Academy Award on the way!
    This piece is from Wikipedia

Virginia Elizabeth "Geena" Davis (born January 21, 1956) is an American actress, film producer, writer, former fashion model, and a women's Olympics archery team semi-finalist.[2] She is known for her roles in Stuart Little, The Fly, Beetlejuice, Thelma & Louise, A League of Their Own, The Long Kiss Goodnight and The Accidental Tourist, for which she won the 1988 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. In 2005, she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama for her role in Commander in Chief.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I never saw it but--didnt it also have Matthew Modine in it? I havent seen nor heard about him in anything in many years now. He was hot at one time--being in: Full Metal Jacket and The Memphis Belle.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks for the info, Stumpy!

You're right. "So Proudly We Hail" is the one I was thinking of, but I've seen the one you described as well.

What confused me was the fact CC was in both of them!

After you mentioned the film with Veronica Lake, I decided to go ahead and buy it as well. It was a good movie that showed the terrible ordeal of Army nurses in the Phillipines during WW2 but I liked "Three Came Home" better. It had a more upbeat ending.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Another episode of: The Gallant men. This one finally had more guest stars including: Philip Carey who was playing a Marine Gunny Sergeant--as well as Van William who was playing his "Green apple" Lieutenant. The War Correspondants brother died in that episode which was why he was sent to the Pacific from Italy. It was a very well made and excellent episode.

• Dredd-another try at the Judge Dredd character, just ok;
    The Sweeney-good British police special unit film with Ray Winstone;
    Narrow Margin-Gene Hackman, good remake of the 50s noir thriller.

• Three more episodes of: The Gallant Men TV Series. A few guest stars including: Phil Carey, Van Williams, and another. The Carey/William episode had some footage borrowed from: Sands of Iwo Jima.

One of the other episodes had lots of footage borrowed from: To Hell and Back. Anything dealing with German Flak 88s firing on (in To Hell and Back--firing on Staff Sergeant Murphy's position) but also "firing" on the Gallant Mens position. Anything dealing with German Tank attacks as well as Infantry attacks-was also used. In To Hell and Back--when Murphy gets wounded in the Abdomen is the footage also used in TGM.

• Hi

Having spent Christmas Eve watching nearly every Christmas Carol film ever made and ending up with a colourised version of the 1940's Scrooge, We have just finished watching Disney's Aladdin, which is strange because neither the kids or grandchildren are spending Christmas with us.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low