Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,399,795 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

Cockleshell Heroes.

I hadn't realised it was on so we watched it be default I suppose.

Having seen it a few times it brought back a lot of memories. Made around 1955, it was shot largely where it actually happened in the Royal Marines Barracks at Eastney and Portsmouth Naval Base as it is now but Portsmouth Dockyard as it was. Three of the Marine cadets seen playing in the band seen in the film were in my class at school and three years after the film was shot I joined the Dockyard where i would spend the best part of my working and retired life.
    I am not 100% sure after this time but I think the film premiered at the Odeon Cinema North End Portsmouth.

I used to have the main theme from the film on an old 78 record but must have lost it over the years.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Last night I watched a film on Encore channel that in my opinion was the second-worst movie I've ever seen in my entire 74 years. This morning I did a bit of online research and learned that the movie had been made by the Coen brothers, which explained a lot. (I've only seen two of their films that I liked)

Anyway, the piece of movie garbage I watched last night was "The Big Labowsky" or something like that and featured Jeff Bridges. The viewers of this movie on IMDB rated it 8.3 out of 10, which to me is absolutely incomprehensible. About every third word is the "F" profanity and IMO, the plot sucks.

The only reason I watched most of it at all was that I had never seen it but had read several times that it was popular with movie-goers so I thought it must be a halfway decent movie. Boy, was I ever wrong.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Nice pics, Carl. Cool to see what the movie is about.

I watched Donovan's Reef again so I could make my last post for the Group Watch. Decided to put together all I could find that came from other Pappy movies and add a little here and there. Hope some of you others will add to what I found. I know there is a lot more. This was kind of a satire of a lot of his movies, I think. Hope to post it tomorrow. KEITH

Thank you and its Classic immediate post WWII. I had never seen it end to end till now, but on first viewing--I only caught about the last 10-15 minutes of it and immediately liked it and became a bigger fan of Robt Ryan.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• As I posted earlier, I also watched this.
    Great insight Arthur,thanks for posting

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance and Expendables 2

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Brannigan last night, the Duke hits London and London would not be the same again. According to the trailer of the movie which I also watched while waiting for the dishwasher to finish its cycle

• [quote='ethanedwards','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=123667#post123667']Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd[/QUOTE

Ive been wanting to see that for ages and almost ordered it the last time I bought Warner Bros titles. I think Charles Laughton would make a perfect Captn Kidd-like his Captn Bleigh.

• Saw Buster Keaton in: Doughboys. It was pretty good but not one of Keaton's best. Waiting for: WHAT! NO BEER? to come in so I can see it. It also has Durante in it.

Anyway: Doughboys:

DvD:

A sorry-looking lot:

This picture wasnt in the movie but is cool anyway:

After accidentally joining the Army:

Just after unknowingly capturing a lot of Germans. The Sergeant behind him and to his right--was his former Chaffeur:

Shortly after arriving in France and finally catching up with his Platoon Sergeant:

Ill have a Wienerschnitzel bitte:

Taking a shower as the men are called on deck for an inspection: Caught with his pants down as usual ;-))

A "Professional" Doughboy:

Just "One of the Girls" entertaining the troops:

An interesting non-movie related pix of Keaton and the Three Stooges in different years using the same filming location:

A cool colorized pix:

The inspection:

And here he was as an actual Dough Boy: